Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS 2x Merctailor Spaulders, Besagues, 11 Dozen Scales Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 28 Aug, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: FS 2x Merctailor Spaulders, Besagues, 11 Dozen Scales         Reply with quote

I have for sale a pair each of brass trimmed spaulders, scalloped edge spaulders, two types of besague and 11 dozen of the scales I used to make.

The brass trimmed spaulders are made from 16 gauge CR mild steel with hand rolled and counter sunk edge on the main plate, as well as beveled edges where appropriate and a scalloped brass border on the bottme lame edge. The spaulders articulate on both leathers ( front and center ) and slot riveting ( back ) as per historical examples I used to own. The spaulders have eyelets for pointing but I can install a set of buckles if desired for attachment to a gorget. Includes hand made buckles with steel strap ends with light file and chisel work decoration. I can adjust the curvature for fit but based them on myself with a 14.5 inch biscept and took into account the rebracer for arm harness. Like to get $75 for the set plus shipping.

The scalloped edge spaulders are made from 16 gauge CR steel and have rolled and counter sunk edged on the top plate and bottom lame. The rest of the lames have a bit of a decorative scallpoped edge which is also beveled. The spaulders articulate on both leathers ( front and center ) and slot riveting ( back ) as per historical examples I used to own. The spaulders have eyelets for pointing but I can install a set of buckles if desired for attachement to a gorget. Includes hand made buckles with steel strap ends with light file and chisel work decoration. Like to get $70 for the spaulders plus shipping.

The besagues are of two types, both made from 16 gauge CR steel. The first is 5.5 inches around with an outwardly rolled edge. They are concave with a small raised central point toped with a brass rivets. They are leather lined and have a pair of eyelets for pointing. The second pair is rectangular, 4 inches by 6.5 inches and concave with a raised medial ridge in the center for strength. They are leather lined with pairs of eyelets for pointing. I'd like to get $20 per pair plus shipping.

Last is 11 dozen of the scales I used to make. They are 1.5 inches by 2 inches and slightly outwardly curved and are made from 16 gauge CR steel. They include rivets. I'd like $35.00 for the lot plus shipping ( these will fit in a small flat rate Priority Mail box for $6.00 )

Feel free to ask questions. Paypal, check or MO are fine.

Attachment: 55.07 KB
spaulders with brass trim reduced.jpg

Attachment: 57.11 KB
spaulders with brass trim close up reduced.jpg

Attachment: 40.89 KB
new spaulder no besagues reduced.jpg

Attachment: 48.48 KB
new besagues reduced.jpg

Attachment: 46.93 KB
new besague single reduced.jpg

Attachment: 47.27 KB
rectangular besagues reduced.jpg

Attachment: 36.46 KB
second scales reduced.jpg

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 29 Aug, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scales are tentatively spoken for.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Sep, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Spaulders with brass trim are sold.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS 2x Merctailor Spaulders, Besagues, 11 Dozen Scales
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic