Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Cas Hanwei purchases Gen2 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Julien M

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Cas Hanwei purchases Gen2         Reply with quote

Hi all,

Have not been posting for a while but thought this was worth it: Hanwei just bought Legacy arms/Gen 2.
I personally would have preferred to see the excellent Tinker Line grow (maybe someone has an update on that?) or even see the Hanwei Crecy sword finally released, but that's still an interesting venture.

Looking forward to see what comes out of that.

Cheers,

J
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

........Wow...........Really? This could be very, very interesting to see what comes down the way. Some of the Gen 2's I've seen are a bit off in authenticity, and a bit weighty, but are built tough as nails. If they can combine Gen 2 brute with Hanwei beauty, there should be some fine products coming our way. I also hope to see the H/T line grow and improve as well. The H/T's I've seen really only require a bit of 'fine-tuning' to be truly fantastic weapons. Happy ....McM
Greg Ballantyne

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Perhaps that's why the Gen 2 offerings have been listed as "out of stock" for the most part on KOA, and have been mostly listed that way for a little better than a year. Could be a sign they've been selling good, or could mean they haven't been producing to replenish the stock. It will be interesting to see if Hanwei continues the same product line for a while or makes changes right away.
Greg Ballantyne

PostPosted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A check of Hanwei's website shows the same Gen 2 line listed as Legacy Arms, but also shows them as out of stock.....
B. Pogue
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 26 Apr, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greg Ballantyne wrote:
A check of Hanwei's website shows the same Gen 2 line listed as Legacy Arms, but also shows them as out of stock.....

Hey Greg,

Legacy Arms = Gen2. I'm not sure when the name change happened but it hasn't really taken hold everywhere (hence us naming everything LA / Generation 2).

We just received our first shipment the other day, it's still being checked out. Most are pre-sold and going out to retailers but I think there will be some stock remaining.

Blake
Dan P

PostPosted: Fri 26 Apr, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wonder how Hanwei is going to continue to develop the Gen2 line. Gen2's are not for everyone but I like how the ones I have are built solid and balanced for their weight.

Mr. Pogue, are there any plans to bring back older Gen2 models? I still regret never buying the "Halfling Sword" they made about 8 years ago more than any other sword I've passed up and when I saw it listed on the Hanwei website (but out of stock), well, that would be a good thing to be true for me anyway.
Greg Ballantyne

PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm aware of the name part, having purchased one last year. I had to wait about 4 months for another product run at that time as well. I guess I was attempting to comment on the fact the Hanwei appears to intend to maintain the Legacy Arms name and product line. I agree with Dan, the Gen 2 products appear to represent as good or better value than some other available choices at the same price point. There are several of them I'm interested in.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Cas Hanwei purchases Gen2
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic