Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

I am loathe to bring this topic up again, as the whole thing has been quite ugly. I do not wish to start a flame out or post anything too controversial. However, this seller took my money for something on the classifieds then never sent it. I am wondering whether other forum members who were victims of theft would be willing to PM me or possibly post updates on this thread, as I know a few of us had been working to resolve the issue but much of the information shared was lost when the site crashed. I have not been repaid despite promises and am moving into legal action, but was wondering whether anyone else actually has been paid back?

Respectfully,

Michael
Michael K Wislon

PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

Michael,
I was the one that started the original thread on him. I eventually got an email saying that he had run into hard times and would repay me and a few others. I did receive a money order refund from him. I don't know about the others. I tried to check my old mail, but it is not there. Since the crash , it deleted all of those emails. If you paid through PayPal, yo can file a claim with them.

I don' know if Nathan can get those old e-mails, you might check with him.
Good luck,
Michael
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

Michael K Wislon wrote:
Michael,
I was the one that started the original thread on him. I eventually got an email saying that he had run into hard times and would repay me and a few others. I did receive a money order refund from him. I don't know about the others. I tried to check my old mail, but it is not there. Since the crash , it deleted all of those emails. If you paid through PayPal, yo can file a claim with them.

I don' know if Nathan can get those old e-mails, you might check with him.
Good luck,
Michael

I don't have access to any person's emails. Emails are stored on your own server, not on myArmoury.com.

All myArmoury.com data from the first three months of 2013 was lost. This includes forum posts, private messages, and all other site-related information. Everything.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Matthew Harrington

PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
All myArmoury.com data from the first three months of 2013 was lost. This includes forum posts, private messages, and all other site-related information. Everything.

Maybe I'm being the guy with the tinfoil hat... but it deems mighty convenient all the PM's were lost making it harder for people to make claims. I have my fair share in network defense, and being the one exploiting (hacking) before. Is it possible he was the one responsible for the crash? If he used something like the Backtrack Operating System I know it could have easily been done... If you want I can sniff out the server for you. I'm glad to help in anyway I can.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

Matthew Harrington wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Maybe I'm being the guy with the tinfoil hat... but it deems mighty convenient all the PM's were lost making it harder for people to make claims. I have my fair share in network defense, and being the one exploiting (hacking) before. Is it possible he was the one responsible for the crash? If he used something like the Backtrack Operating System I know it could have easily been done... If you want I can sniff out the server for you. I'm glad to help in anyway I can.

Please keep this type of speculation off this site. It's completely out of place.

No. The crash was a hardware failure. The hard drives physically crashed and my daily backup methodology was inadequate. I had to resort to my quarterly backup, losing three months' of data. This was covered in my announcement already. There was no exploitation.

The crash does not make it more difficult to make a claim. The transactions are between the two parties using a third-party payment system (PayPal, money order, or what have you) and are completely unrelated to this site.

Do not for even a moment attempt to spread a rumor about such things, intentionally or otherwise, or present a conspiracy theory on this site. Such behavior is irresponsible and unwelcome here.

The appropriate way to offer professional services for such a thing is not in public and certainly not alongside conspiracy theories and speculation. Offer such services in private if you must, but know now that I've got it covered.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Tue 09 Apr, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So...did anyone else receive their money back?
Matthew Harrington

PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

Please keep this type of speculation off this site. It's completely out of place.

No. The crash was a hardware failure. The hard drives physically crashed and my daily backup methodology was inadequate. I had to resort to my quarterly backup, losing three months' of data. This was covered in my announcement already. There was no exploitation.

The crash does not make it more difficult to make a claim. The transactions are between the two parties using a third-party payment system (PayPal, money order, or what have you) and are completely unrelated to this site.

Do not for even a moment attempt to spread a rumor about such things, intentionally or otherwise, or present a conspiracy theory on this site. Such behavior is irresponsible and unwelcome here.

The appropriate way to offer professional services for such a thing is not in public and certainly not alongside conspiracy theories and speculation. Offer such services in private if you must, but know now that I've got it covered.

Sorry... I was only trying to help, not create speculation.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Devyn Wayne Patrick still owes me money
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic