Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bayeux Tapestry repro. available + more from Viking Shield Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Hargis

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Bayeux Tapestry repro. available + more from Viking Shield         Reply with quote

Being a recipient of Viking Shield's Newsletter, I note that a newly available reproduction of a section of the Bayeux Tapestry has been announced. Here's some pertinent information available from Viking Shield:
Quote:
The original Bayeux Tapestry was created in the 1070's and depicts the Norman conquest of England. This reproduction is just a small piece of the original 230' tapestry. Made from a cotton and viscose blend. Backed with lining and tunnel for easy hanging. Woven in Belgium.
14x32". Woven in Belgium.
SKU: G1051
$120.00

Viking Shield also offers many Viking swords and knives. Of importance to many will be their Albion Viking swords. They have them in stock, which avoids the usual 3 month wait when ordering directly from Albion.

I also see that a beautiful Michael Pikula Longseax is available and in stock.

I've no vested interest in Viking Shield, but I do find them to be an excellent source for many things Viking. Having purchased a sword and various other items from them, I can testify to their good service. The owner, Jim Adelsen is well known to many of you I'm sure.

Here is Viking Shield's sitemap for your convenience.
http://www.viking-shield.com/sitemap

Jon

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.
Matthew Harrington

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bayeux Tapestry repro. available + more from Viking Shie         Reply with quote

J. Hargis wrote:
but I do find them to be an excellent source for many things Viking. Having purchased a sword and various other items from them, I can testify to their good service. The owner, Jim Adelsen is well known to many of you I'm sure.

Here is Viking Shield's sitemap for your convenience.
http://www.viking-shield.com/sitemap

Jon

I can also attest to Viking Shields great quality, and Jims excellent customer service, I recommend the site to every viking re-enactor I meet.
Dan Howard

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I just ordered the tapestry for the misses.
William M

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ah brilliant!

I was massively impressed when I saw the real Bayeux Tapestry in France a few years ago. Really incredible how something that old has survived in such fantastic condition.

At the gift shop I bought myself a print out of the entire tapestry, it is pretty long and I am yet to find a suitable room to display it in as it is around 15 meters long!

http://boutique.tapisserie-bayeux.fr/photos-e...rtaud.html

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bayeux Tapestry repro. available + more from Viking Shield
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic