Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > HMS Bounty, Positive thoughts Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: HMS Bounty, Positive thoughts         Reply with quote

This morning the HMS Bounty went down, 14 of the 16 crew are accounted for and safe on shore, 2 are still missing, including her captain.

As someone who has spent time sailing on tall ships I have spent a good deal of time with on the Bounty, and with her crew. Many wonderful times, much smiling and laughter. Last year I was trying to secure a spot as crew for this summer, and if it worked out I would have been there this morning.

Please send positive thoughts toward finding the two people still missing at sea, and remember all the lives that she has touched.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HMS Bounty, Positive thoughts         Reply with quote

Michael Pikula wrote:
This morning the HMS Bounty went down, 14 of the 16 crew are accounted for and safe on shore, 2 are still missing, including her captain.

As someone who has spent time sailing on tall ships I have spent a good deal of time with on the Bounty, and with her crew. Many wonderful times, much smiling and laughter. Last year I was trying to secure a spot as crew for this summer, and if it worked out I would have been there this morning.

Please send positive thoughts toward finding the two people still missing at sea, and remember all the lives that she has touched.

If wearing the protective wear against hypothermia, and if they can keep their heads above water, there may still be a chance that the two missing people will be rescued ..... at least not all hope is gone yet.

I wonder if the suits they have have flashing strobe light and some sort of GPS transmitting their position ?

The last thing I read about the ship is that it's still floating but with the hull under water with only parts of the masts visible: If the ship doesn't break up or sink completely it might be salvageable ? After all this is a mostly all wooden ship so unless the weight of cargo and ballast makes it heavier than water it could sort of float near the surface.

But our main concern should be for the missing crew, so yes lets have some good thoughts and prayers.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Randall Moffett

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very sad news. When I first saw it this morning I heard they had not been able to locate one person, worse to hear it is two now.

I hope they can find those brave men.

RPM
Doug Lester

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It is indeed sad. I too hope that they fine the missing crewmen. It just amazes me, though, that they tried to slip between a hurricane and that coast in a sailing ship. It's not called the graveyard of the Atlantic for nothing. There's no such thing as just a class one storm. My God keep and protect them.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

One of the two missing people has been found and is in critical condition and unresponsive. The captain is still missing.

The ship was outfitted with diesel motors, so she could function as more than just a sailing vessel.

The Bounty used to be docked in my hometown of St. Petersburg, FL. I remember seeing her moored there in my younger years.

Sad to lose the ship, but I'm thankful so many of the crew were spared. I hope they find the captain and I hope the hospitalized crew member recovers.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Doug Lester

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just went to the news site to check on the status. One of the missing people has been recovered. All that they would say is that she was unresponsive and was take to a hospital.. Just the captain is missing now. Both he and the one who was just recovered were in survival suits so their may be some hope for him. The Coast Guard rescue swimmer who help the other crew out of their life boats said that it was the worst see that he had ever had to work in.
Ralph Grinly

PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that one of the missing crew was found, but unfortunately she didn't respond to treatment Sad Only one missing now is the Captain Sad

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > HMS Bounty, Positive thoughts
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic