Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seattle-area retail shop (shameless plug) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Eric W. Norenberg

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Seattle-area retail shop (shameless plug)         Reply with quote

Hey all,
For anybody in the Seattle area who is into this stuff we spend so much time reading about here, there is a brick -and-mortar store that carries a good selection of Darksword, Hanwei, and Cold Steel merchandise. The shop is called Vulcan Knife Works, it is in Ballard at 2419 NW Market Street, has been there for a year or so but has grown a great deal since I first stumbled onto it several months back. They carry the above-mentioned manufacturers (fair bit of armour as well as the sharp pointy stuff), and also forge some impressive blades themselves. The staff are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the WMA hobby as well.

Yes, this is something of a plug (I did ask their permission to "out" them on the myArmoury forums), but theirs is a pretty unique shop here in the Puget Sound area and I wouldn't mind seeing them stick around. Worth a look if you're ever in Ballard picking up lutefisk or visiting the Leif Erickson statue...

- Eric
Phil U

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great place to get your knives sharpened, too.
Quinn W.

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Awesome! I had no idea we had anything nearby aside from the Excalibur Cutlery store in Bellvue, and I stopped going there after I grew out of my wall-hanger phase. I'll be sure to check it out.
Thanks for the heads up!

"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth"
Eric W. Norenberg

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Phil U wrote:
Great place to get your knives sharpened, too.

Yes indeed! Sorry to diverge from the mA focus but the owner Paul is also rumored to be quite the guru at restoring vintage straight razors. In case anybody here is into that...

Once in a great while I wander into Ye Olde Cutlery /Excalibur Shoppe at the mall but I always quickly regret getting my hopes up. Those places stopped being exciting two decades ago. Do any Cascadians out there recall the tourist sword shop from the lower levels of the Seattle Center? Wall-to-wall "real Toledo" swords, axes, helms... I felt like I had found the reincarnation of that half-remembered place, made anew for the 21st century collector, when I wandered into Vulcan. Serious nostalgia/sehnsucht/kid-in-candy-store reaction for me! Just wish they had some Windlass stuff and a few items from those other folks in the Midwest. Maybe some Tinker and Angus Trim... Hey, a kid can dream.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wonder, is there any other retail store like Kult of Athena, that stocks the entire spectrum from wallhangers to high end stuff?
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

An old page from archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110202192659/htt...works.com/

An old article
http://www.ballardnewstribune.com/2010/10/12/...ea-ballard

Cheers

GC

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seattle-area retail shop (shameless plug)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic