Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Are we allowed to post eBay links for advice purchasing? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Johnson T.

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Are we allowed to post eBay links for advice purchasing?         Reply with quote

Hi.

I've seen people asked not to put links on the forums but for what reason I do not know. It's very difficult to ask for help if you can't show people the armour you're speaking about.

I think there's a thread here somewhere specifically FOR posting links to eBay items. I don't get the difference.

Can somebody please tell me why we can't put links to eBay items outside that one thread?
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Are we allowed to post eBay links for advice purchasing?         Reply with quote

Johnson T. wrote:
Hi.

I've seen people asked not to put links on the forums but for what reason I do not know. It's very difficult to ask for help if you can't show people the armour you're speaking about.

I think there's a thread here somewhere specifically FOR posting links to eBay items. I don't get the difference.

Can somebody please tell me why we can't put links to eBay items outside that one thread?

Johnson,
You can always put links to eBay as well as to anything else that's on-topic or useful in answering a question. When have we surpressed linking? You will not find cases of a moderator asking someone not to link to an eBay auction. Links to eBay items that are on-topic to this site are always fine, even encouraged.

Discussing ongoing eBay auctions is another matter. Ebay's terms of service prohibit "market tampering." Being critical of a piece in any way could be seen as running afoul of that policy. We don't want or need that legal hassle. The purpose of the ongoing eBay Finds thread is to alert people to potential items of interest. It's not for discussing those items.

If you can find a way to discuss an item (through pictures, for example) without tying it back directly to the auction, that should be fine.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Besides, why would anyone want to link to an active eBay auction that is of interest to them? Why draw a larger audience to something that will cause you to have competition? Instead, gather photos and information on the item and construct a topic asking about said item. Keep the source of the sale private and protect your potential investment. This is for your own advantage.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Are we allowed to post eBay links for advice purchasing?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic