Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A thank you to the community Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: A thank you to the community         Reply with quote

I orginally posted this on another forum in a thread about the Albion Svante. Somewhat off topic, but it is a partial catalyst for this. I decided I would post it here too.

...And worth every penny to those who have the pennies for it [re: Svante]. I really considered getting one for a while. I even held onto rainy day money that might have otherwise been spent because of it [Svante] too. However, when push came to shove, I just couldn't justify sinking that much into a tool/toy when I could add just a bit more cash (than the Svante costs) to what my employer gives me and pay for a year of grad school. For about a month I was really torn over the choice but I finally decided.

So I sent the application in yesterday and that is going to make this a somewhat strange...post.

Swords, any and all swords, are on hold for a while now. My collection is also getting resized. Two sharps, one blunt [already paid but not yet in hand] for training and that is it for a bit.

In 17 months I'll have an MBA and with a bit of luck more money after that.

Some of this seems strange to say, but I'd like to thank Gus and A&A for making things that hold resale value. Albion and Kevin Cashen for making works of art that gave me a tangable reason to save (Education was too distant to be motivation). My fellow collectors for taking a few things off my hands when I had to cover the balance.

Although I never would have believed it even a few weeks ago, this hobby is providing me access to funds and furthering my education. Funny how things work out sometimes. Thanks everyone.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Last edited by Joe Fults on Sun 14 Nov, 2004 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah it is kind of a strange post, but it was kinda fun to read too......

*g*

Its always good to see someone decide to add to their education, and somehow I suspect that in time, a few years maybe, that you'll once again be adding to your collection. As much as things have changed the last five years, last three years, last two years, heck, even the last year, it'll be a different marketplace when you reenter it. Most of us have improved, and I suspect most of us will continue to do so........

But, by then, maybe it'll be time for you to chase the elite by then. Vince Evans, say, Kevin Cashen say, or if John Lundemo keeps improving {I've seen one of his historical pieces in person, one he made this summer, and he's definitely "there" now}, he may be of interest.........

Enjoy your education, but don't be a stranger. Continue to come visit with us.........

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gus,

I won't be gone from the community.

Just buying less for the better part of the next two years. Cool

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It sounds like you're handling things in a very responsible fashion Joe. I'm sure it will pay off down the road. It does suck to be a grown-up though, sometimes Big Grin
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A thank you to the community
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic