Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk Albion Yeoman / Sheriff Scabbard Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jun, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Crusader Monk Albion Yeoman / Sheriff Scabbard         Reply with quote

This scabbard came as the result of a recent commission for a customer wanting to do a 'swordless order' for an Albion Yeoman. Using my own Albion Sovereign as a template, I was able to cut a core which will fit either the Yeoman or Sheriff models (but ironically, not the Sovereign due to the significance difference in guard shape). So, if you have any of the Albion Type XIVs, you would not have to send me your sword for me to make a scabbard. Happy

The kiln-dried poplar scabbard is covered in deep antique red leather with risers to match the fuller on the Yeoman. The rectangular rain guard crafted from thick tooling leather offers additional an additional decorative element to match the scabbard with the rest of the rig. A dark brown vertical-hanging frog and matching belt with Celtic knot decor were also crafted for the customer. The chape with finial is forged from mild steel.

The customer wanted a nice compact system to wear the sword while doing indoor events.This rig keeps the sword high on the hip, and out of the way when moving about in crowded conditions or where space is minimal. Happy

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 09 Jun, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice job. Really enjoy looking at your new scabbards.
James Aldrich

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am the happy owner of that rig. It arrived today which in itself is a tribute to Mr. Sarge's work ethic. Fit and finish are well above expectations for the price point. In other words, a true bargain. Huzzah.

AMDG
jsa
Zach Luna

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mmmhmmm, great solid work. Would go well with the Yeoman I just bought...
J. Hargis

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just sent two more swords to J.E. Sarge, after having one done by him, and let me tell you, this comrade is good at what he does, and his prices, simply unbeatable. It just goes to show, you don't have to break the bank to have nice fittings for your swords.

J.E. always gives you options and his informed opinions, which can be a big help when sorting through all the various choices.

From low end to high end pieces, he takes them all. No judgements, just what works best for the sword in question.

And what a pleasant man to work with.

Cheers, Jon

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk Albion Yeoman / Sheriff Scabbard
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic