Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Squire and Baron arrive!!! Woohoooo!!! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Squire and Baron arrive!!! Woohoooo!!!         Reply with quote

Just recieved a long, white box from the fine fellows at Albion, and all I can say is WOW!!!!

For myself came the Squire, with dark blued furniture and dark blue grip, and in the same box, I also recieved the Baron with the same options for my friend Karl Eide.

I'm still awaiting the Sempach. I'm sure it will arrive shortly.

The swords are just wonderful to behold. They arent perfect, like the midrib on the squire isnt perfectly aligned with the center of the fuller, but its minor, and almost adds to the beuty and kinda states that the sword is hand made. I couldnt be happier with it. When I picked it up, I couldnt believe how light it felt, and believe me, its one QUICK sword.

I'll have to get me some scales, because I almost cant believe that the Baron can be 3lbs 11oz. It feels even lighter than any 3 lbs sword i have held, even from quality makers, and the Baron is 11oz heavier. I'm starting to believe Peter Johnsson might be on to something with all his talk about mass distribution. Wink

I also found that the Squire feels even quicker when I wear a thick leather glove. My grip feels stronger, more secure somhow.

I also have to praise Howard and mike at Albion for excellent service. They answered all emails and PM's quick and to the point, and all my wishes were seen to. That, combined with the frankly astonishingly good swords they delivered, guarantees that this is not the last time I'll be getting an Albion. I'm already starting to plan ahead. Hmmm... the Regent DOES look tempting...
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just wonder what that was for sound i hear when i was outdoors,
wolfpack? or someone who got a new sword? now i know, Congratulations Einar! Big Grin
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
I just wonder what that was for sound i hear when i was outdoors,
wolfpack? or someone who got a new sword? now i know, Congratulations Einar! Big Grin

So it carried all the way across the border, eh? Aye, Scandinavians have mighty lungs, indeed. Big Grin

I am very exited. But I'm also very sad that I have to give the Baron away. Karl DID pay for it after all.
R Smith

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Congrats         Reply with quote

Einar,
Congrats on a fine sword! There are just too many great swords at Albion for me to pick just one.
Is Karl making the switch to European swords? If so then another convert away from the Katanas!! Happy

Best regards,
Ryan

"Those with wisdom loathe the one forced to defend." - Liechtenauer

Ars Gladii
Detroit, MI
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Congrats         Reply with quote

R Smith wrote:
Einar,
Congrats on a fine sword! There are just too many great swords at Albion for me to pick just one.
Is Karl making the switch to European swords? If so then another convert away from the Katanas!! Happy

Best regards,
Ryan

Thank you.

Yes, i suspect Karl might be drawn over to the dark side once he gets to try out the Baron. Wink It is really a sweet handling sword.
R Smith

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Perhaps another trip to London combined with that incredible Baron will be enough to push him over the edge. Evil
I will be interested to hear your observations about the Sempach when it arrives as I am considering that as my next purchase. Actually I would like the entire NextGen lineup as my next ... Cry

"Those with wisdom loathe the one forced to defend." - Liechtenauer

Ars Gladii
Detroit, MI
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Squire and Baron arrive!!! Woohoooo!!!         Reply with quote

Einar Drønnesund wrote:
I also found that the Squire feels even quicker when I wear a thick leather glove. My grip feels stronger, more secure somhow.

I noticed the same thing with my mark 1 Crecey. In fact I also tried this on a few other in my collection and found that a lot of grips seem to have been intended for guys with gloves... but I sure don't like the slight loss of manual dex with even the thinnest driving gloves I could find.

glove*2 = better "feel" -manual dex

there thats my algebra for the day. Wink

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Squire and Baron arrive!!! Woohoooo!!!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic