Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion's website Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
D. S. Smith

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Albion's website         Reply with quote

Am I the only one who can't open Albion's website? I've been trying all day and it's been down. Every other website is opening fine for me so I don't think it's my connection.
F. Portman

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not loading for me, either, so it's not just you or your connection at any rate.
Matthew P. Adams

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I thought it was just me too! Maybe there loading in the Princepe Laughing Out Loud
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training" Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Works just fine for me.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Strange. It does not load for me either. WTF?!
J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome to the Internet.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Ian S LaSpina

Reading list: 5 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Works just fine for me.

Not working here either, Nathan you might be loading a cached one saved in your browser's cache, the site seems to be down for now.

My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Every time a vendor's site has issues, people freak out, make assumptions and speculations, etc. The site is having issues. It will be up again. Calm down, folks. It's going to be okay.

Ian S LaSpina wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Works just fine for me.

Not working here either, Nathan you might be loading a cached one saved in your browser's cache, the site seems to be down for now.

No. I wasn't looking at a cached version. I pinged the site and did a trace route.

Doing that now, from home, does not work. Doing it from the office works. Routing 101.

D. S. Smith

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Every time a vendor's site has issues, people freak out, make assumptions and speculations, etc. The site is having issues. It will be up again. Calm down, folks. It's going to be okay.

No freaking out or assumptions here (and only a couple speculations Laughing Out Loud ). I was just curious if it was my own internet (which has had issues in the past), or the site. Happy to know it's the site.

I finally (after all day) remembered I could get my Albion fix from their European website.
Paul B.G

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Down for me to, maybe the site crashed from receiving a flood of orders lol Wink and I was just about to place my order, guess Ill have to wait till tomorrow Wink or just go to KofA

It happens Big Grin

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person

O====[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

—Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses

Last edited by Paul B.G on Sat 04 Feb, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
D. S. Smith

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul B.G wrote:
Down for me to, maybe the sight crashed from receiving a flood of orders lol Wink and I was just about to place my order, guess Ill have to wait till tomorrow Wink or just go to KofA

It happens Big Grin

What were you going to order Paul? Did you finally pick a single hander to keep your Crecy company?

Coincidentally, I was also going to place an order, though not exactly a sword... (I'd tell you but then my cool idea would be out of the bag) Laughing Out Loud .
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Working for me just now at 2:27 A.M. Eastern Standard time ...... a public service announcement. Wink
You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Ian S LaSpina

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

Ian S LaSpina wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Works just fine for me.

No. I wasn't looking at a cached version. I pinged the site and did a trace route.

Doing that now, from home, does not work. Doing it from the office works. Routing 101.

No assumptions here either, I wasn't trying to be obnoxious by suggesting it may have been a cached version of the site, I just know a lot of browsers revert to them, safari for example, when it has connection problems... /picks head up off the floor

We were just trying to confirm for the OP that it wasn't just him.

My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."
Eric G.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It was down for me the other day too. Wednesday, I think. I even tried Albion-Europe and that wasn't working either.

Apparently Nathan's office computer is special...

Eric Gregersen
www.EricGregersen.com
Knowledge applied is power.
Ron Reuter

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

Ian S LaSpina wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Works just fine for me.

I sure didn't see anyone "Freaking out" only some folks who were curious.

Also, a successful trace route or ping to a website's IP does not tell you if the web service is working, it only shows the server it resides on is answering to pings.

Ron

www.yeoldegaffers.com
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Working for me at 11:48am EST. Sadly, I don't see anything new on the site, but at least it's working Happy
www.addisondelisle.com
Paul B.G

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

D. S. Smith wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:
Down for me to, maybe the site crashed from receiving a flood of orders lol Wink and I was just about to place my order, guess Ill have to wait till tomorrow Wink or just go to KofA

It happens Big Grin

What were you going to order Paul? Did you finally pick a single hander to keep your Crecy company?

Coincidentally, I was also going to place an order, though not exactly a sword... (I'd tell you but then my cool idea would be out of the bag) Laughing Out Loud .

Mate I’m sooo close to finely making my mind up for the Knight it’s not funny, just getting my ducks in a row Wink but at the same time there is this ATrim that keeps bugging me……… and our $ is really good atm compaired to the USD and KoA has the Knight I want in stock Confused

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person

O====[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

—Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses
Brian K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul B.G wrote:
D. S. Smith wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:

It happens Big Grin

Mate I’m sooo close to finely making my mind up for the Knight it’s not funny, just getting my ducks in a row Wink but at the same time there is this ATrim that keeps bugging me……… and our $ is really good atm compaired to the USD and KoA has the Knight I want in stock Confused

The Knight is a fantastic choice you can't go wrong with. A wonderfully balanced blade that performs, and has the looks too.

Brian Kunz
www.dbkcustomswords.com
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sun 05 Feb, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian K. wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:
D. S. Smith wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:

It happens Big Grin

The Knight is a fantastic choice you can't go wrong with. A wonderfully balanced blade that performs, and has the looks too.

KOA has a Knight with a dark brown grip in stock.
Matthew Stagmer
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 05 Feb, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William Swiger wrote:
Brian K. wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:
D. S. Smith wrote:
Paul B.G wrote:

It happens Big Grin

KOA has a Knight with a dark brown grip in stock.

I held that very sword at KOA a few weeks back. Nice!

Matthew Stagmer
Maker of custom and production weaponry
Youtube.com/ThatWorks

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion's website
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic