Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Buckler Question From Merctailor Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Buckler Question From Merctailor         Reply with quote

I screwed the pooche and found a buckler commisions in the outstanding stack and given that I used up all the handles and blanks thinking I was done with them will have to make up another handle and body up. The barstock for the handles I still have some of as I bought out a local hardware store that closed a few years ago of thier 1/2 inch stock. I've been trying to buy new materials as little as possible for the stuff i've been selling off made from left over parts as I want to keep the cash going to outstanding commisions ( three out this week including Tom R.'s 13/14th century rebracers with rondels ). A metal sculptor buddy of mine who lets me use his welder for helmets dropped off a small piece of 16 gauge scrap to me from scrounging at the yard yesterday ( something that i'd forgotten about and will be indulging in. As the closer it gets to Christmas/New Years the less chance I see of landing a job till after the holidays ) which he can't use ( he's an Albert Paley prodigy so works in 3/16 and 1/4 inch plate stock for enourmous sculptures ). My question is, is there any interest in a couple of 11 inch steel bucklers, actually to be honest I can only get the one I need and two more, max out of the piece of scrap. If there is then i'll go to the trouble to make the two extra handles this weekend and post them for sale when done, if not I don't want to take time away for outstanding work.

They would be identicle to the last ones sold off in this thread http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=24764
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd love to take one off your hands. Happy
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If I can pay after my Holiday CC beating I'd take one. Would the price be the same as in the linked thread?
Winter is coming
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Mike, i'm sorry but the cash from selling stuff off is paying peoples shipping, buying supplies to keep working on oustanding commisions and paying bills, this is kind off a first come first serve to keep that all running. If I make 'em they'll go up next week and who ever picks 'em up gets 'em. If I haven't landed a job after the holidays and I can turn up some really cheap 16 gauge scrap at the yard I may do some more but with a little luck i'll have landed another job by then.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan - I would like to have one of those bucklers. if still available.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Buckler Question From Merctailor
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic