Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Merctailor Arms w/ Integral Spaulders & Other Left Overs Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: FS Merctailor Arms w/ Integral Spaulders & Other Left Ov         Reply with quote

Interviewed at a firearms restoration shop but haven't heard anything back yet so still plugging away at outstanding commsions ( mailing out three things this week and working on finishing up a fourth for next week ). I'm staring to get to the bottom of the bin on left over parts but have a few things i've made up from mostly left overs to keep outstanding work going out.

First a pair of modified 14/15th century arms with integral spaulders. I did one pair of these a few years ago for a WMA client and really liked them but had no reason to do more. Made entirely from 16 gauge steel these arms have a larger wing plate on the elbow copp and a bit of a wrap through the elbow joint ( like the copp on the 15th century arms we used to do ) as well as a much larger shoulder plate for the spaulders covering more of the chest and back. They include buckles I made with light decorative file and chisel work and besagues. Rolled and counter sunk edges are present where appropriate as well as beveled plate edges and the spaulders are set with eylets for pointing ( if the buyer desires a buckle for a gorget at the top I can add one no charge ). I had all the parts but the spaulder main plate laying around as i'd used the last of those plates to take care of an outstanding commision so opted to cut out the large spaulder plate and make the variant i'd liked from a few years ago. Like to get $250.00 plus shipping, we used to get more for the regular arms with integral spaulders alone than that. I'm thoughrougly average in build ( 5' 10" 185 pounds ) with a 15 inch biscept and just about 13 inch fore arm and these fit me fine. The bracers are adjustable a bit bigger and smaller than me as I fall in the middle of the fit range on them. I have a pic somehwre of the first set in use.

Second, a pair of finger bucklers. I did have to make up the second buckler as somehow I ended up with a single cut out blank left over but did have the necessary 1/2 inch buckles laying around as well and the liners. Made from 16 gauge steel, lightly domed with a small peak at the center and hand rolled and counter sunk edges, they are lined with leather which is stuffed to provide a little padding for the back of the hand and include 1/2 inch adjustable straps. Like to get $20.00 plus shipping ( will fit in a flat rate medium box ) which is a good bit less than we used to sell them for.

Last, three pairs of Type II shoulder copps. Two large pairs and a medium pair made from 16 gauge steel and set with eyelets at the top for pointing to an arming coat or directly to maille. Smalls are 5 3/8 inches across, larges are 6 1/2 inches across. Like to get $15.00 for the small pair and $20.00 each for the large pairs plus shipping. All three will fit in medium flate rate boxes.

Feel free to ask any questions. Paypal, money order or check is fine.

Attachment: 57.19 KB
arms with spaulders variant reduced full.jpg

Attachment: 49.75 KB
arms with spaulders variant besague reduced.jpg

Attachment: 37 KB
arms with spaulders variant buckle reduced.jpg

Attachment: 47.4 KB
finger bucklers reduced.jpg

Attachment: 54.24 KB
finger bucklers back reduced.jpg

Attachment: 38.46 KB
shoulder cops reduced.jpg

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bucklers are tentaviely spoken for. A pic of the first set of these arms in use:

Attachment: 36.78 KB
17975_1368523532044_1200387794_3110.jpeg

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All three sets of shoulder cops are spoken for.
James Anderson III

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is that a closed rerebrace or half rerebrace? Shoot me some measurements on the length of the rerebrace/spaulder and the vambrace. Tentative dibs on the arms, as long as they'll fit me. Thanks!
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent
Knight, Order of the Marshal
James Anderson III

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Money coming your way tonight. Thanks!
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Merctailor Arms w/ Integral Spaulders & Other Left Overs
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic