Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Merctailor Steel Target & Kids Splints Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: FS Merctailor Steel Target & Kids Splints         Reply with quote

Just mailed out Sean P's gorget ( still owe him spaulders, barring landing a new job i'll be working on them next week among other things ) and got alot done and out the door this week but the postage bill alone was $100 and with no job at the moment I need to keep cash comming in to keep this up. I have few more things made up from left over parts for sale.

First the last steel target there'll be ( I sold the four cener spikes we had left to Hal from Therion this week and the stainless steel block we had machined out to make the baluster at the base of the spike to a guy on the AA ). I had one shaped target body left over. Based off a 16th century original I used to own this target is hand shaped and planished from 16 gauge steel. The edge is rolled over a 3/16 inch thick steel rod as the original was and then counter sunk. I've added a decorative medalion behind the central spike which wasn't standard when we were in business. The hand forged central spike is 5 5/8 inches long and takes two men to make. The back is leather lined and fully padded and includes and adjustable fore arm strap. If your into 16th century re-enactment this is up your alley. I'd like to get $260 plus shipping for it, this is WAY less than we used to sell these for ( well over 30% ).

Second a pair of kids splints. These were an accidental find. These have been around the shoppe for best guess 3 years but I only put it together this week that there was a pair. One sat at one end of the shoppe and one at the other and for years i've simply seen a single splint and thought " I need to make a mate for that ". Finally connected the dots. These are exactly like the full size ones we used to make but reduced size. Made from 18 gauge steel, they are lined with leather and padded bewteen the leather and the splint body. Fully strapped they are 7 inches long. Like to get $20 plus shipping which again is considerably less than we used to charge for these.

No new materials were purchased to make these, they are build from left over parts that would have gone to waste otherwise.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you have. Paypal prefered but we can talk about checks or money orders.

Attachment: 52.24 KB
steel target full reduced.jpg

Attachment: 44.66 KB
steel target spike close up reduced.jpg

Attachment: 90.81 KB
steel target back reduced.jpg

Attachment: 39.66 KB
kids splints reduced.jpg

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The steel target is pending.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 03 Dec, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kids splints are sold.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Merctailor Steel Target & Kids Splints
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic