Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on your list for 2012? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: What's on your list for 2012?         Reply with quote

Now that 2011 is drawing to a close, what purchases do folks have planned for 2012?

For me, I have a nice custom dagger from A&A in the works, slated for the first quarter of the year. Beyond that, I hope that the Tobias Capwell armour books get published, as I set money aside back in 2010 for them, hoping they'd be done in 2011.

What's on your docket for 2012?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Don't know for sure at this point because I spent so much in 2011 but I would love an Uberti Henry rifle in .45 long colt. Perhaps my employer will give me one as a retirement gift. Probably not!

Other than that I do not have much lined up.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Karl Knisley

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello
I have a, mortuary hilt sword, coming from ,Lutel, in late Dec. or early Jan., that has me pretty excited.And a messer from
Odin Blades,in March-ish. That should keep my, sword-high, going till summer:-)
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have an Odinblade (Lundemo) commissioned that John projected he could start work on in early 2012. VERY excited about that one. John is always awesome when it comes to communication and service. I'd have to put him up there as tied with Craig from A&A who I also have had excellent experiences with.

Also have a sword commissioned by BKS that was slated to be done by late winter-spring 2011. Not sure when it will be done or how far behind they are, but hoping for 2012.

I suspect if those projects clear off the table I might consider something by later 2012 or maybe go for another antique.
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The 1680 Highland dirk I commissioned (and paid for three years ago) from Glenn McClain should be ready this Spring. Other than that, I plan on selling off about a third to a half of my collection (due to my planned move to an attic apartment with little wall space).

Here's a pic of the original dirk mine is patterned after.

Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Zach Luna

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd like to pick up an A&A rapier this year. It's the only big ticket item on the list for now.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nothing planned for 2012. Might impulse buy something from A&A or Albion if a deal to good to be true comes up in the classifieds. Might consider some armor bits or some mail. Nothing really planned and listed though.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The only thing I'm currently commited to/promissed to buying is a Bardiche head from KoA made by BKS when it becomes available.

It would be a really good idea for me to take a vacation from any big purchases for 6 months or so and then maybe I'm be able to impulse buy some in stock pieces from a few of my favourite makers when they post something tempting.

( Example like Leo of Tod's stuff who is currently posting a lot of nice knives and daggers ).

Maybe concentrate on a couple of missing items from my collection like a good period crossbow or an early matchlock archebuse or early 17th century matchlock.

There is always the good chance that I will get an idea for a custom piece, sword, dagger or polearm.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Colt Reeves

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have nothing written in stone, but I've been thinking of getting myself a cheap and not at all historical Colt .45 Laughing Out Loud come next summer, as well as eyeing Albion's Squire Line Late 15th Century Bastard Sword.

I've also been buying MRL's Deal of the Day every so often when interesting things pop up and I don't see any reason that will stop come the new year.

"Tears are for the craven, prayers are for the clown.
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a crown.
As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small.
For Iron, Cold Iron, must be master of men all..."
-Cold Iron, Rudyard Kipling
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think it'll be a lean year for me. I do have a few things that are already paid for that will be coming in. As far as anything new goes, I don't think I'll be getting anything. That may change but nothing is planned right now. 2011 was a bit of a banner year for me so I need to take it a bit easy this year.
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will probably be looking to pick up a couple of practice single-handed swords. While there's lots of other swords that I would like to buy, I too need to "dial back" my purchasing.
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I picked up quite a bit in 2011 so I don't have anything planned right now. I'm sure I will commission something but I'm not so pressed right now.
Lloyd Winter

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I seem to be developing an irresistible itch that only an Albion Cluny seems to be capable of scratching.
I think I'll have to do something about that in 2012 Happy
Ben Coomer

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've got an Albion Agincourt and my wife's getting a Constable, so much joy will be coming by early next year. After that I'll need some armor.
P. Norton

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have an Albion Alexandria XVIIIc on order, although I have no idea if this model will be in production soon enough for me to get mine before the end of 2012.
J.D. Crawford

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Before the end of this year I expect to get the custom Korsogaden sword and scabbard discussed in another current thread. And there's an A&A commission waiting somewhere. But as others have said, I feel I went overboard this year. For me, two custom jobs (in 2011) and a couple of higher-end production pieces, plus some other odds and ends, was a lot to spend on a hobby. Money is needed elsewhere. Therefore, I think I'll wait to clear my current orders before thinking about anything else. More generally, I want to try to stop a longstanding habit of impulse buying and stick with custom orders for a more personally satisfying collection. That's not likely what people in retail want to hear!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have an E.B. Erickson hilt at Arms & Armor right now for blading up and making it into a complete sword. I do not know the status of it. I was hoping to have already received it by now so I'm hoping to see it soon.

I have a fully custom sword already commissioned from Arms & Armor. I do not think it has been started yet and do not know when it will be completed.

I would like to send Arms & Armor two or three more hilts in 2012 for blading up and making into complete swords and perhaps one could have a custom dagger made to match en suite.

I would love to commission another completely custom sword from Arms & Armor in 2012 if they have the time to take the project.

(Do you get a sense here that this is a trend? I like their work and would like to give them more projects than they can handle!)

I have my yearly project arriving in June/July from E.B. Erickson. This always serves as my birthday present to myself and is probably my favorite new toy each year.

I'll have a piece made by Tod at Tod's Stuff and will be no doubt tempted by many other things from his shop. Dammit, he makes good stuff.

Right now there are some nice items available at Arma Bohemia. I will no doubt be very tempted in 2012 to buy something from them.

That's already a too much. I would like to sell some things in 2012. A lot of things. Yes, a lot of things.

Additional "Wish List" items:

Albion Cluny Sword
Albion Doge Sword
One of the Albion unreleased Type XIX longswords
Anything from Peter Johnsson
Anything I can grab from E.B. Erickson
German or specifically Landsknecht items from Tod's Stuff
A ballock dagger of one type or another from Arma Bohemia
A grossemesser from Arma Bohemia

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There are some book titles I hope to add and they are not too hard to find. Hard to find and on my list is a brunette hilted Bolton eaglehead pommel of the artillery sabre size and completely devoid of blade decoration. Another not so hard to find eagle but not terribly common would be a spadroon bladed Oaborn eaglehead pommel with a good amount of its blue&gilt left. If I ever finish that quest of dark nco Ketland, Osborn and Bolton sabres with accompanying blonde officer spadroons, I'll move on to fancy sabres of those three types.

On the lighter side of life, those Hanwei yari are looking appealing to me along with some of the other production items out there.

Cheers

GC

Attachment: 36.52 KB
bol3.jpg
Need this Bolton in a plain stirrup or reverse P, dark grip and plain blade shorter sabre

Attachment: 43.23 KB
slotah1.jpeg
Need something along these lines of a well decorated Osborn (Weeping eagle) spadroon with ivory or nice bone
Marc Ridgeway

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really only have two goals for 2012

a Rob Miller Type H Viking

and an Angus Trim XIIa.1

Marc Kaden Ridgeway
Austin D.G. Hill

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i am hoping to get either a customized Valiant Armory crusader or an Odin blades sword of similar weight and balance. it will all depend on money though.
AUSTIN DANIEL GLENN HILL

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on your list for 2012?
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: