Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The TV series “Battle of the Nations” is online Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: The TV series “Battle of the Nations” is online         Reply with quote

Hey, everybody!
The organizers of “Battle of the Nations” project are glad to announce that TV series about the first world championship on historical medieval battle is now online!
The first 17 minutes long episode includes an introduction to the event, acquaintance with four National teams - Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Belarus and full contact battles between completely armored fighters.
Don’t miss the exclusive and spectacular sight!

The English version is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifVBhKmBCt8

Follow us at www.battleofthenations.com.ua and www.youtube.com/user/battleofthenationsTV to see the rest seven episodes!

Michael Curl

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some very...interesting narration and advertising Wink

Though some of the kits are very good, it looks like they are just wailing on each other. What exactly needs to happen for someone to be out?

E Pluribus Unum
Bartek Strojek

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Most of the time, he needs to be out, basically, AFAIK.

He needs to either be hurt visibly, or had decided that he had enough.

And yeah, some of the kits are pretty horrible Bulgarian-Korean-Rus-something else mixes. Eek!

Some are really nice and scrupulous.
Johan Gemvik

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a friend in Poland who's doing this style of fighting, he sent me some videos earlier this year and of course I asked him to explain the rules.
If someboydy falls to the ground they're out. Simple as that. This can happen in several ways; getting forcefully tackled, getting grappled or pushed down, KOd from one or a series of blows, slipping in the mud or if a figther simply yeilds and lies down on their own.

"The Dwarf sees farther than the Giant when he has the giant's shoulder to mount on" -Coleridge
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: The 2nd episode of "Battle of the Nations" TV ser         Reply with quote

Guys, the second episode of “Battle of the Nations” TV series is online. Follow the link and enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/user/battleofthenation...S0mIcWDcCA

Sam Gordon Campbell

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now THIS should be on National Geographic and/or the History Channel! Laughing Out Loud
It's not pretending to be anything but what it is. Good old wholesome violence.
Single combats with skill, finesse, and good technique PLUS this type of melee make for an interesting show.

Thanks for keeping us up to date Nat!

Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.
Pauli Vennervirta

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I friend of mine told me about a case where a player in a similar fight was clubbed to the head. His helmet was strong enough protect his head, but his neck was not. He was paralyzed from his neck down.
Robert Rytel

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I bet there are fewer serious injuries in this than in American high school football.
Bartek Strojek

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robert Rytel wrote:
I bet there are fewer serious injuries in this than in American high school football.

'Officially' there are close to none, although obviously this is not very well researched environment.

Apart from general relative obscurity, I heard that more serious injuries are often kept in secret of the society, to avoid troubles with local authorities etc.

On smaller events, obviously, not here.

Anyway, great initiative, with Youtube channel here, and all materials!

Thanks for the info, Natalia.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You're welcome, guys!
We're working for you!
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: 3rd episode is online!         Reply with quote

If you liked the first episodes of TV series “Battle of the Nations” then we have good news for you! The third episode is now online! See the episode following the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawg00s-BuM
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The half of TV series about the world championship “Battle of the Nations” is online! This week you can see the 4th episode and follow the 21 vs 21, 5 vs 5 battles, find out which team is the strongest one and get to know what fighters think about the other contestants! Fights, fights and more fights are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8QNdfooFgI
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Australia and New Zealand got the ball rolled for “Battle of         Reply with quote

Dear reenactors! We are glad to announce that the National teams from Australia and New Zealand have begun the preparations for participating in the World championship “Battle of the Nations”. The guys are really enthusiastic about gathering the team till 2013. There’s plenty of time to practice, improve and show your best!
Don’t miss your chance to create history and make it to the list of fighters for the major sports event on historical medieval battle.
The leaders of the National teams as well as the organizers of “Battle of the Nations” encourage you to join the teams on their quest and journey! You’ll get the chance to compete against some of the finest countries and noblest peoples with a team of our very own.
The teams also need the help of volunteers, and sponsors to set the preparations on a proper level and be able to participate in the championship and to support the fighters from Australia and New Zealand. Share the glorious moment and help your team to gain victory!
You can find more about teams on the official Facebook page:

Battle of the Nations Team Australia and New Zealand: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/250845611631485/277295992319780/?notif_t=like

The current homepage: http://battleofthenations.com.au/
Benjamin H. Abbott

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like fun, though a little scary. I do find the claims of authenticity dubious. This sort of reenactment fighting diverges significantly from historical combat. I'm most intrigued by the lack of tight formations. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting ancient, medieval, and renaissance sources, but I think folks stuck closer to together than the staggered lines I see in group battles in this sport. That may also reflect the relatively low numbers involved here. It could reasonably reflect a period tournament melee.
Chris Godby

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"! ha ha classic...
Truthfully, that camp does look like a lot of fun though. And regardless of what we might think in terms of technique or authenticity, I think this seems to do justice to the spirit of a bohort, even if it is totally on foot. Personally I think it would be a lot of fun to go to one of these events.
Bennison N

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Australia and New Zealand got the ball rolled for “Battl         Reply with quote

Natalia T. wrote:
Dear reenactors! We are glad to announce that the National teams from Australia and New Zealand have begun the preparations for participating in the World championship “Battle of the Nations”. The guys are really enthusiastic about gathering the team till 2013. There’s plenty of time to practice, improve and show your best!
Don’t miss your chance to create history and make it to the list of fighters for the major sports event on historical medieval battle.
The leaders of the National teams as well as the organizers of “Battle of the Nations” encourage you to join the teams on their quest and journey! You’ll get the chance to compete against some of the finest countries and noblest peoples with a team of our very own.
The teams also need the help of volunteers, and sponsors to set the preparations on a proper level and be able to participate in the championship and to support the fighters from Australia and New Zealand. Share the glorious moment and help your team to gain victory!
You can find more about teams on the official Facebook page:

Battle of the Nations Team Australia and New Zealand: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/250845611631485/277295992319780/?notif_t=like

The current homepage: http://battleofthenations.com.au/

Awesome! I got so excited just reading this!

I want IN!!

"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance" - Confucius

अजयखड्गधारी
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: "Battle of The Nations" will start in Poland         Reply with quote

The third world championship on the HMB, held within the festival "Battle of the Nations", will start in three months, which means it's time to reveal the place where the championship will take place. It is officially confirmed that the world championship will be held from April 30 to May 3 in Warsaw (Poland). During the four days the best world fighters will compete in five nominations for the title of the best team in the world!
Read more information about the upcoming event and watch the promo video “Battle of the Nations”-2012 on the official site: http://www.battleofthenations.com.ua/news.php...temID=1672

Michal Plezia
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can't wait Big Grin
www.elchon.com

Polish Guild of Knifemakers

The sword is a weapon for killing, the art of the sword is the art of killing. No matter what fancy words you use or what titles you put to
it that is the only truth.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: The 6th episode of the TV-series "Battle of the Nations         Reply with quote

The sixth episode. It is dedicated not only to fights, but also to human relations, seen at the festival. Under steel armor are hidden usual people, nothing human is alien to them. The festivals are full not only of tough competition and rivalry, but also of friendship, strong friendly relations that can overcome any bounds, and, of course, love.

Read more: http://www.battleofthenations.com.ua/news.php...temID=1675

Watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0r2-CJDx0

Matt J.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Feb, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks fun. Certainly doesn't look realistic, though. Thing is, those weapons aren't designed to kill. And, since you only need to knock your opponent over... it stands to reason the best tactic would be to grapple, even if it messes up your formation and you get clonked once or twice.

A bit of a problem, since I'd like to see what real battles look like Worried .

Still, lots of fun to watch. The armour is amazing Happy!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The TV series “Battle of the Nations” is online
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: