Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New book by Carlo Paggiarino - "The Royal Armouries" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: New book by Carlo Paggiarino - "The Royal Armouries&quo         Reply with quote

Hans Prunner Editore is releasing a 2-volume set by Carlo Paggiarino covering the UK's Royal Armouries. Check here for more info:

http://www.hansprunner.com/#/the_royal_armouries

Carlo's photography is stunning, showing details not normally seen. The new set is expensive but should be amazing.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Gregory J. Liebau

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can't wait to get a hold of this set.... I was confused about the price until now, though, because I didn't realize it was in two volumes! Much more justifiable... Just gotta' wait until Christmas time! Cheers!

-Gregory
Carlo Paggiarino
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes Gregory.
It is a two volume set of 624 pages in total and 440 full plate images (both single pages and double pages).
The parcel weights 6 kilos.
Please do send me a PM should you need further informations.
Carlo
Gary Shepard

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have already ordered my set, and I can hardly wait to get them in my hands!
Yes, it is a two volume set, and these are BIG books, filled with Carlo’s awesome photography. His books are the best you can buy on Arms and Armour, and well worth the price.

I already have his first two books on the Churburg Armoury and the Wallace Collection, and they are the jewels of my reference book collection.

There are some images on the Hans Prunner site if you want to check out some examples of Carlo’s fine work.

Thanks,
Gary
Carlo Paggiarino
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The waiting is finally over.
I have just been told that the shipping will start tomorrow.
Gary Shepard

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That’s great news!

I can hear Santa’s sleigh bells heading my way, and I can’t wait to get my present!!!

It was my pleasure to be Carlo’s helper during the Leeds portion of the photo shoot—and I can assure you all that this pair of books will set the bar very high for future publications on Arms and Armor.

Carlo, I hope the delivery goes smoothly, and that Santa doesn’t give you too much grief about making his sleigh too heavy for those poor reign deer!

Gary
Marco Vignola

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Santa’s sleigh bells are heading my way too!!!
I just have to find some space on my shelves! Wink
Ben van Koert

Reading list: 14 books

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

For me the wait is finally over!

They've arrived yesterday, and it's well worth the wait! Carlo did a great job once more, there are some real candid shots in there. Always a pleasure to browse in these books. Anyone who wants to learn what makes actual armour different from a bad reproduction should see this.
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've received mine as well. This is another amazing work by Carlo, and of great utility to the arms and armour community.

Thank you Carlo for your hard work, keen eye, and artistic vision - it's another masterwork.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Bruno Giordan

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cross post but I think It a worty thing to do

I have had the privilege to interview Carlo in Milan last saturday. He is a jovial man, unassuming and warm. Unsurprisingly, given the quality of his work, he has a very sharp mind. The book. His last work is a masterwork. Having practiced photography since my early teens I can say that he rivals with a master like Ansel Adams with his capability to make the tonal scale sing a complex simphony of colours. Like Adams he is capable of turning three dimensional a two dimensions image: a reader can easily feel to be examining the actual piece when looking at each of his pictures. Objects really pop out of the book in front of you, so much that having this books is better than being in front of the actual armour exposed in a vidrine. Given this, the price of such books can be considered as very low, since the owner acquires with them the possibility of confortably studying his favourite pieces at any moment and for as much time as he wants, without having to pay a visit to the museum they are stored in. Also, Carlo briefly explained to me the painstaking process of taking a shot he uses which consist of multiple exposures of each object, executed with a traditional, difficult to set bellows camera. It's a long work that lies behind each image, a work that is based on the years of experience as a top notch still life photographer that Carlo has accumulated in his professional life. But his work as an armour photographer is much more a passion than a profession, since Carlo shares with us a deep love of armours and related weaponry. We must think we are fortunate to have such a great photographer among us, as otherwise we would be still working with age old books which reach for at best the just decent level of the Boccia's books imagery. I compensated Carlo for all the interesting things he told and showed me with just a coffe but I promised him a fantastic dinner in one of the best restaurant I know. I think he really deserves it.
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Royal Armouries Collection         Reply with quote

Hello all
I ordered my copy yesterday ... May I ak if you were contacted when the Book shippped ? I emailed with this question and have not heard back ... Would anyone care to share their experiance regarding shipping , etc. ?
Thanks very much !
Tim

Tim Mathews
Carlo Paggiarino
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dear Tim,
their shipping standards are quite high.
When shipped, their estore system will automatically send out an email with the tracking details and a link to the courier's website to check the status of the shipment.
Cheers.
Carlo Paggiarino
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you for the huge response. I have been told that nearly 200 sets of "The Royal Armouries" have found new homes!
Carlo
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Royal Armouries Collection Books         Reply with quote

I had sent a PM but also wanted to let my fellow forum - ites know that I received my copies of these volumes in a very timely fashion and in pristine condition and they are a treasured part of my collection and will be heirlooms to pass along at my demise ...
Thanks again !
Tim

Tim Mathews

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New book by Carlo Paggiarino - "The Royal Armouries"
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic