Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Mercenary's Tailor Late Heater For A Lefty Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Mercenary's Tailor Late Heater For A Lefty         Reply with quote

In an attempt to gin up supply cash, i'm checking to see if theres a left handed swordsman out there who would be interested in our late heater shield. I have all the parts left over, including the pressed, drilled and felt backed boards, for a late heater for a left handed swordsman that would take me 3-4 evening to finish off. This shield would be brand new,not old stock and is already partially finished. I would like to get $150 plus shipping which is less than the 5 year old prices we had on the site. Shield is 1/2 inch thick poplar plywood, faced in 5/6 oz. leather, the back covered in hair on wool felt, with 1 inch wide adjustable straps, giving two grip positions and a gauge strap as well as a stuffed leather arm pad. The shield would be trimmed in 4/6 oz. natural rawhide with steel clips at the joints. No money will be expended that could go to supplies or shipping as the parts for this are all laying around the shop and will go to waste otherwise. Shield measures 24 x 24 inches. Paypal or money order if interested. Feel free to ask any questions.

If there is no interest i'll cut up the facing leather to make two type II wooden bucklers.

Attachment: 75.3 KB
Late heater back reduced.jpg

Attachment: 52.31 KB
Late heater reduced.jpg

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

E-mail sent.

Maybe adding in some steel strip reinforcements on the face like you did for my Early Period Heater you made for me some time ago, if possible and practical, for an extra amount. ( If you have the materials, steel, lying around ? )

Hope you can find some work soon. Worried

I'll be out this evening so I will reply in e-mail late tonight or tomorrow.[/u]

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds like this will be spoken for, but if you end up going the wooden type II buckler route, I am interested.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 19 Oct, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael R. Black wrote:
Sounds like this will be spoken for, but if you end up going the wooden type II buckler route, I am interested.

Yes, it's mine and Allan will be shipping it this weekend.

Just thought I would let you know since I think Allan is probably too stressed by life in general to reply just to confirm this. Wink Worried

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Mercenary's Tailor Late Heater For A Lefty
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic