Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Firearms Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are a couple of my more nostalgic pieces, a Webley Mark IV in .38-200 and a Canadian Inglis High-Power. They both have war time finish and, while there is some external wear, the bores are perfect which leads me to believe they never saw any action. 100% matching serial numbers. The commando knife came with the SAS emblem attached. Makes it difficult to use.

Attachment: 69.04 KB
Webbley and Browning.JPG

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
D. S. Smith

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Finally, a thread I can actually post pictures in (my first sword is still in the planning stage Laughing Out Loud ). Here are a few that I've had over the years (I don't still have them all):

A "plain vanilla" Colt LE 6920:

My Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical in .308 Win. It has a McMillan M40 stock, SS 3-9x42 scope, Badger Ordnance base, rings, and bottom metal. I'm sort of proud that this particular rifle was actually used in the filming of an upcoming Discovery Channel docummentary on the Secret Service:

The newest addition, a Smith and Wesson Model 60-15 "Pro Series" J-frame:

This one is sort of my pride and joy. It's a 100% custom built by the Springfield Armory Custom Shop, using a Caspian frame and slide, along with Ed Brown, Wilson, and Caspian internals. It's the most expensive gun I own but as you can see, she's not a safe queen:
Lin Robinson

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is a photo of some Scottish-themed firearms in my collection. Two converted snaphaunces and a Highland pistol - made in India, of course. The Highland pistol was made in India. The other two are custom-made.

Attachment: 50.08 KB
Scottish Guns 1.jpg

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Last edited by Lin Robinson on Tue 11 Oct, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Martin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, this one isn't mine but I sure wish it was. I'd only use it for raccoon hunting. Honest.

Attachment: 240.05 KB
IMG_9523 Edit.jpg

"When war-gods meet to match their might,
who can tell the bravest born?
Many a hero never made a hole
in another man's breast."

- Sigurd, The Lay of Fafnir
David Wilson

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are a few more pics....
1. A Snider-Enfield, breech loading rifle, above a Martini-Henry musket or "Gaurd Gun" (basically an unrifled version of the standard Martini-Henry rifle meant for shot cartridges).
2. '50's vintage S&W .38-44 (an N-frame .38 Special, meant for powerful loads, the fore-runner of the .357 Magnum)
3. "Cap-and-Ball" reproduction revolvers: Colt 1860 Army, Colt 1851 Navy, and a Remington '58. All by Pietta.
4. How about some vintage "Suicide Specials"? When you say "they don't make them like they used to", sometimes that's a good thing.....

Attachment: 90.04 KB
2010-01-03 11-40-41_0003 B2.jpg

Attachment: 99.61 KB
2010-06-29 13-05-03_0008 S2.jpg

Attachment: 82.03 KB
2009-07-12 11-30-40_0023 A2.jpg

Attachment: 95.36 KB
SaturdayNightSpecials1 S a1.jpg

David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is a piece I never did get around to taking better or complete pictures of. It just went to another collector recently. A piece I have had almost twenty years. The gun had come to me as a trash find during Boston's perennial student housing changeovers. You never know what you will find in those trash boxes by the curb or in a dumpster.

Of note on this one was that it had bee just a decorator for eons. The figural barrel is curious, as is the tapestry back plateapplique. All signs point to it having been a Mediterranean trade piece from about 1800. So many of the pieces had been added or subtracted as to make little sense of some of it.

The new owner was bummed after the exchange that the lock is not working (spring on the wrong side of the cog). It had just been a table piece for kids to handle. Considering the price I took though, I think he will be happy in time as just a curio and decorator.. There were traces of gilt down in there on the barrel decoration. It basically covered gas and travel cost for this last show/get together.

Other stuff? Well, in one case I sent my darling sporterized Springfield '03 A3 off to live with a sister in Wisconsin. I miss it. Also a Winchester M74 that lives in more rural areas here for plinking along with a heavy barrel Mossberg target .22 with large scope. I keep meaning to singn up at one of a few clubs next to me for staying in trim with the pistoles.

Cheers

GC

Attachment: 23.11 KB
flint2 002.jpg

Attachment: 21.19 KB
flint 003.jpg

Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Speaking of Saturday Night Specials, here are pictures of a model I passed on owning a few decades ago during the heyday of my own passions. An odball in .32 rimfire and it was as much the ammo as the manner of the piece that left me disinterested in but a curio nenetheless. I had saved pictures of one example some time ago for just such a thread.

With a bust of Garfield on one side and Lincoln on the other, kind of unique in a bizzare morbid way. I did though once dub one of my pistols a messenger of liberty, as I had inset a Mercury dime in the grip of it.

A CS SHATTUCK. Hatfield Mass. Lincoln and Garfield on guttapercha grips VG, 1879. 32 cal rimfire. The example offered me was not in the condition as he one in these pictures.

Older BP stuff I had built from kits were an 1860 army and a long rifle. I had traded my working BP stuff for more modern cartridge pieces

Cheers

GC

Attachment: 44.37 KB
5334-01.jpg

Attachment: 129.32 KB
5334-02.jpg

Attachment: 42.19 KB
5334-06.jpg

Attachment: 123.99 KB
5334-07.jpg

Lin Robinson

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are a couple of buffalo hunting rifles I keep on hand in case I spy a large herd in need of culling. The rolling block has an original black powder action with a new barrel by Lone Star. Now I have to get some better wood, including a flat butt stock to absorb the recoil from the .45-70 cartridge. The Sharps is a Pedersoli, also in .45-70. Both rifles have Lee Shaver tang and front sights.

Attachment: 63.47 KB
Buffalo Pair.jpg

Lin Robinson

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Firearms
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: