Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword shops in Quebec City? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Sword shops in Quebec City?         Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm in Quebec City for a few days and I have a feeling there might be a few shops around the Old City that would sell swords or other weapons. Would anyone know of any? An internet search proved near useless. Also, if anyone knows of some really good museums with a focus on swords I would love to know about those, too!

Thanks,

Nathan Wuorio

Nathan.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sword shops in Quebec City?         Reply with quote

Nathan M Wuorio wrote:
Hey all,

I'm in Quebec City for a few days and I have a feeling there might be a few shops around the Old City that would sell swords or other weapons. Would anyone know of any? An internet search proved near useless. Also, if anyone knows of some really good museums with a focus on swords I would love to know about those, too!

Thanks,

Nathan Wuorio

Not sure if this is going to help you very much since it's in Montréal and not Québec city, DRACOLITE:
http://bijouxmedievaux.com/

Same place Google Map:
//maps.google.ca/maps/place?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=dracolite&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=dracolite&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&cid=16268370775593768059

They have a lot of " Ren Fair stuff " and walhanger swords but they do have some better quality stuff like the Hanwey/Tinker swords and maybe some Windlass swords also. Also some GDFB armour.

Some of their prices may be a little higher than one can find on-line but this may vary from thing to thing.

Anyway, if you ever go to Montréal it's a nice store depending on what you are looking for.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Max Chouinard

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The only place that has quality stuff is l'Imaginaire in place Laurier: www.imaginaire.com

Mostly Paul Chen, Cold Steel, and a couple of others. Nothing extraordinary but an honest selection.

As for sword related museums there are unfortunately none. You would think a city with a military past as big as Quebec would have some, but no. Your best best is to visit the Citadel, which has an honest selection of 19th century stuff from their regiment. The problem is that most rich people left Quebec City in the late 19th century, so that when all the big collections were built it was too late for us. I even suspect that many were sold off to the States.

Really the best place in the province is the Stewart museum in Montreal, a very good selection which is underrated. Unfortunately they will only reopens by the end of June. Other than that it is the War museum in Ottawa, or even the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, but then that might be totally out of your way.

Oh and do visit our site though if you are in Quebec. The Morrin Centre, first prison in Canada (still as it was 200 years ago) and splendid Victorian college. We just finished restoration and opened a new exhibit you won't regret the visit, few people even in the city know about this place: www.morrin.org (sorry for the shameless plug but it is for a good cause) !

Maxime Chouinard

Antrim Bata

Quebec City Kenjutsu

I don't do longsword
Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I'm only in Quebec City and won't be able to make it to Toronto or Montreal, but they're on my list! I'm not sure what my itinerary will be for tomorrow, I'll have to check and see what my friends are up for, but the prison sounds really cool!

Thanks again,

Nathan Wuorio

Nathan.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword shops in Quebec City?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic