Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pavel Moc sword. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tjarand Matre

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Pavel Moc sword.         Reply with quote

I have handeled some decent swords in the last few years. Del Tin, Albion, Armourclass, Lutel, A&A and whatnot. Today I had the pleasure of fencing with a Pavel Moc sword and I have never felt anything more perfectly balanced.
The swords are quite expencive but I really want one now. Anyone tried these for blunt fencing and know how they hold up?

This one:
Hadrian Coffin
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello,

I have never used that model specifically, but have had quite a bit of experience with Pavel Moc's blunts. I believe I have used almost every other model at least once. They are my favourite blunts and I have Albions, A&As, and customs. The Pavel Mocs hold up quite well.

The only other one I would really suggest you consider is the Arms&Armor Fechterspiel. Unlike the Pavel Moc's which are essentially blunted "normal" swords, the Fechterspiel is based off of actual medieval training weapons. It looks like a medieval blunt... depending on your goals this is sometimes better.

Cheers,

Hadrian

Historia magistra vitae est
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a Pavel Moc Talhoffer that's been heavily used for 18 months now. They hold up well. One thing to note however is that they are a tad softer than, say, a Kovex Ars sword. We have a mix of swords in our WMA group and the edges of the Pavel Moc swords usually look a little worse than the others. But, I've never seen a Pavel Moc break, while I have seen Kovex swords break on occasion. The Pavel Moc also seems to have a bit more flex than the other swords (a good thing IMHO).

I'm very happy with mine and I'd definitely buy one again.

The Knights Hospitaller: http://www.hospitaalridders.nl
Antonio Lamadrid

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We have some Mocs in our school (Dürrer, Embleton, Violet, Talhoffer). They all hold up pretty well. I own a Dürrer and a Hastings and I vouch for them. However... two members got the Lichtenauer and they are not very happy. After 6 months they show more damage than my Dürrer in 2 years.

Unfortunately, nobody around here has the one you show in the pic.
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sander Marechal wrote:
I have a Pavel Moc Talhoffer that's been heavily used for 18 months now.

I'm the previous owner of Sander's Talhoffer and it has seen over 2 years of pretty hard use in my hands before I turned it over to him.

The price, balance, weight and flexibility make for a very nice package for sparring, the best I've handled so far.
As a bonus they also look like *actual* swords.

I believe they wouldn't do so well sharpened, due to the flexibility and relative softness.
Eric Hejdström

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have used my Embleton Original by Moc for four years and as said before the edges are a tad bit softer than other brands. One of the best quality for sparring swords I have triead are the now retired Jan Motycka (very similar in style to some Lutel swords). Very good edges and a bit stiffer than Pavels blades. However I think Pavels swords are quite valuable still, at least compared to some others. They don't bend och get bad nicks and are neat and well balanced. They work well for both reenactment and HEMA.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pavel Moc sword.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic