Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New ATrim model XVIa.3 first one done more to come Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tom Kinder

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: New ATrim model XVIa.3 first one done more to come         Reply with quote

Tried and True Armory is proud to present a brand new Atrim model:

XVIa.3

A bastard sword designed to be contemporary from 1330 through 1450. I apologize for not having specs ready for you and for the loud water marks on the pictures. The first will be rectified soon. my partner has the sword and will be able to get stats for me before long. I am currently deployed at sea and information is moving slowly, so I beg your patience.

eye candy:

Comments welcome.

I ought to note that Gus has his new grinding machine in place now and we are now able to produce much higher quality finishes than recently. We will try to get some pictures of the finish on this sword to better show what we are talking about.
Tim Seaton

PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: nice         Reply with quote

hello tom
amazing sword will they be available for us to buy soon Cool
Tom Kinder

PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

well this one is already bought and paid for but this model is officially in production and available for commission.
Gus made three blanks. this is the first of them to be finished, the second is also bought and paid for, but the third one is free and clear and should be ready pretty soon. it can be ordered as either Mercenary Grade or Tried and true as this one is.

even if the third one is snapped up these will be rolling out of Gus' shop with a fair regularity as they seem to be in demand. the best way to ensure one becomes yours, if you are interested, is to place a deposit on a commission. these won't be a long wait.

all of these first three are already out of heat treat and in the final stages of production.
Jon Palombi

PostPosted: Fri 01 Apr, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sweet,

Now that's EXACTLY what I am after. It has the dramatic taper and wide base of the Albion Brescia Spadona, Crecy or Mercenary. Since it is called a 'Bastard Sword', instead of a Longsword... I assume the blade length is around 34 inches? Do you have any measurements or statistics? Also, are these priced upwards of $500.00?

Now I want one so bad I can taste it!!! Thanks for posting such beautiful pics. Cool

Arrivederci, Jon Palombi

A wise person aspires the study of swordsmanship. A lucky person finds a worthy teacher, an unlucky person finds yet another student... in the guise of a genuine Master. Sadly, a fool cannot tell the difference, either way." Anecdotes of The Unknown Swordsman.
Tom Kinder

PostPosted: Fri 01 Apr, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

ok guys basic stats:

2lb 12oz

35" blade

7.5" grip

POB 5"

price $475 in full polish, $405 in Mercenary coarse polish

these first three are hex nut assembled but if you would like permanent peened assembly then just shoot us an Email at Triedandtruearmory@gmail.com to let us know. it will cost a little extra but we can get it done. peened assembly will be a regular feature available soon, we were waiting for Gus to get his new grinding gear before offering it but now he has the new grinders.

store link:
http://triedandtruearmory.com/econ/index.php?...duct_id=58

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New ATrim model XVIa.3 first one done more to come
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic