Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Custom Longsword - A myArmoury Special! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Matthew Stagmer
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Custom Longsword - A myArmoury Special!         Reply with quote

This past Saturday the boys and I were all working on getting concrete poured for our power hammer bases and working on the roof for the new hot work forge area. I had a break where my hands were not needed and I got inspired to create a nice long sword.

I decided to offer this as a special to this forum for a few days as a way to raise a few extra $ for our hammer-in event. It would be a big help to us and to the event. (www.FireandBrimstone.com)

The retail value of this sword is $725.00. The sale price is $500. What you see is what you get. I am not supplying leather for this. Christian Fletcher has the sister blade to this one in his hands now and has offered to do the leather work at his rates if the buyer chooses to do so. This price will only be good for 3 days. After that it will be shipped to a dealer.

This blade is based off of our production 32" bastard sword. I then reshouldered it up about a half inch so that the fuller would run under the guard leaving the blade length at 31.5". I ground quite a bit of distal taper into this bladed and can be seen quite easy by looking at the tapered fuller. The blade is very sharp and quite swift. The balance point is 2" from the hilt leaving a light sword that is easy to wield with one hand but has enough handle for hand and a half uses.

The handle is Tiger striped maple from the Paul Reed Smith factory and is left overs from their guitar blanks.

The blade and the pieces were all highly polished and then hand scrubbed back to a satin.

I am not posting this deal anywhere else. It is for myArmoury.com members only. I hope this deal benefits a member of this forum and our event!

Overall Length: 41.5"
Blade Length: 31.5"
Blade Width at Guard: 2."
Blade edge: Sharp
Blade Thickness at Guard: 3/16" with some distal taper
Handle Length: 5.75"
Guard Length: 9.75"
Pommel hieght: 2"
Point of Balance: 2"
Hilt & Pommel Material: Steel
Grip Construction: Tiger Stripe Maple solid core / Bored-through Method
Scabbard/Sheath: Not Included / see Christian Flecther (http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christian_Fl...bards.html
Oakeshott Type: XVIa
Guard Type: exaggerated Type 2
Pommel Type: Hammer faceted Type J
Construction: Threaded Peenblock

I will upload more pictures shortly and will add them here http://baltimoreknife.com/hammerinspecial1.htm

Look forward to seeing many more upgraded customs like this from us. A recent demand on nicer blades has allowed us to keep the flow on higher end pieces in the shop. Look for an offical "upgraded" sword line from BKS in the weeks to come.

Thank you for looking. Comments are always welcome! Questions are also welcome. Feel free to post Q's in the thread or in a PM.

Matthew Stagmer
Maker of custom and production weaponry
Youtube.com/ThatWorks

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer on Wed 09 Mar, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Matthew Stagmer
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Added a few more good pictures to the site http://baltimoreknife.com/hammerinspecial1.htm
Matthew Stagmer
Youtube.com/ThatWorks
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That sword looks awesome Matt. It's outside of my typical period of interest or I would snap that up.
Scott Roush
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

that is lovely Matt. I love the pommel and the wood you chose for the handle.
http://www.bigrockforge.com
Matthew Stagmer
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, fellas. I have a piece of this wood left to do a two hander then a few pieces that I can work with on smaller pieces. I sure hope I can get some more. So many different ways you can finish that wood. I just went to ther PRS guitar site and looked at all the ways they finish it. Looks real neat when dyed.
Matthew Stagmer
Youtube.com/ThatWorks

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Custom Longsword - A myArmoury Special!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic