Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Vladimir cervenka products Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Andrea Scattolin

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Vladimir cervenka products         Reply with quote

Dear people,it is sometimes i follow myArmoury with interest,and i think you do a good job with it.
I wanted to talk about a maker,VLADIMIR CERVENKA.
I believe is underestimate in here.I have a lot of pieces,all RAPIER and MAIN GAUCHES styles,and i humbly think,that he does a great job.Maybe in the 14-15thcent. styles,is a bit less accurate,but,is level,regard quality,balance of blades it is to me superb.Grips are really super accurate,using several types of thikness,colors and types of wires.
I as well have 7 pieces of same kind from ARMS & ARMOUR,wich i also like,but,i have dificulty for the huge dutyes that i must pay,plus,in Italy,the law does not permit to have a sharp weapon,and is even basically compicate to get in a blunt one.If i buy from urope,they do not check packages,so,it is no problem,even from U.K.,i have very nice pieces from ARMOUR CLASS.
I would like to know from you,why there are so few reviews of him.
Best
Andrea Scattolin
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Thoughts         Reply with quote

I think that in most instances you will find there are fewer reviews of certain vendors simply because they have not, or have not yet, reached as wide an audience as some of the more mainstream vendors have. Arms and Armor for example is a shop of more than one person. Don't know how many more...but more than one. Same with Albion. If Cervenka is a one man show he'll have less exposure simply because his production volume will not be as high.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
R D Moore

Reading list: 11 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't think a lack of reviews is a reflection of Vladimir's work either. I own three of his pieces and a fourth should be in my hands this April. If you did a search using "Vladimir and Cervenka" you would find a lot of posts spanning several years. All of his blades are hand forged and some people prefer the Albion and A & A type finish to the hand finish he uses (not finely ground but finely hammered and polished a little), but that doesn't appear to causing him to lose business. This worldwide stinky economy is doing that well enough for all of us.
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation" ...Gen. Douglas Macarthur
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I own a rapier and dagger set of his and have to say it's stunning in it's detail and elegance. That said, I haven't bought any more of his work lately because I'm going a different route in my buying than the pieces he has on his site that I like. Otherwise I highly recommend his work if you see a piece that you like on his website. The biggest problem, last I checked, was his long waiting list. The wait is probably worth it, but the wait is long.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vladimir cervenka products         Reply with quote

Andrea Scattolin wrote:

I would like to know from you,why there are so few reviews of him.
Best
Andrea Scattolin

Please take a moment and read the article Hands-on Reviews: Frequently Asked Questions. It answers this kind of question in terms of our formal reviews. The thing to note is that we only can review what we have access to. If none of our reviewers own his work, they can't review it. If no one loans us one to review, we can't review it. If an owner doesn't volunteer to write a review, we can't publish one.

We do have reviews of three of his pieces in our formal reviews section. We'd love to have more.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Andrea Scattolin

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dear Chad,i have many pieces of VLAD,and more are coming,i could try to do something,but i am a lousy photographer,as computer use,but i can try.In my life,i design clothing and textile fabrics,in Italy andall around Asia,when biz is good,and even for us,lately,it was terrible.
I have a deeppassion for swords,and i spend all i can in it.
I will try to review,maybe someone could help me-teach me.
Apart from CERVENKA,i have 7 ARMS & ARMOUR pieces,4 ARMOUR CLASS,many DELTIN(that unfortunately,i have sadly to say,became ,for me,really ,"not so good",Plus someother cech makers,wich there are many,munition grade,or better,for most really unknown,these are serving the big shops in EUROPE and US,i guess,i will send adress.

I ound,apart well known BARTA,an unbelievable maker,in BRNO-Mr.PAVEL SKRYJA,wich has a great new site,but in cech only(a little bit of english in it)
Andrea Scattolin
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You can find three reviews of Cervenka swords on my site as well. Aggravatingly I realized that I've done scabbards for at least 6 of his swords but for some reason did not write reviews for three of them.

His grips and crosses are often very impressive.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Vladimir cervenka products
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic