Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Review enlargements - white boxes? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Carl W.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Review enlargements - white boxes?         Reply with quote

Lately I just get white boxes, sometimes a spiraling circle but then just white. Happens when signed in too. The enlargements used to work fine, after signing in.

If problem is at my end any hints appreciated. (Only thing I tried was turning off IE popup blocker feature.)

Sorry for trouble & thanks.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What browser are you using? IE? I've been using Google Chrome and am having the same problem and have just read that Google's newest update now has a compatibility issue. I may have to pick a different codebase to avoid browser upgrade bugs. Sad
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I changed to a different version of the "lightbox" image viewer. This avoids the newest round of browser updates that have introduced a backwards-compatible bug. Since this isn't a technical forum, I won't get into the details other than to say I've tracked down a bug, removed it, migrated to a different lightbox codebase, and updated 400+ files.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I changed to a different version of the "lightbox" image viewer. This avoids the newest round of browser updates that have introduced a backwards-compatible bug. Since this isn't a technical forum, I won't get into the details other than to say I've tracked down a bug, removed it, migrated to a different lightbox codebase, and updated 400+ files.

And just another example of the amount of work you put in to keep the site functional and keep us happy and fix annoying time wasting problem that must be very frustrating at time Exclamation Thanks for all that work. Happy Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: deleting posts and stuff         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

And just another example of the amount of work you put in to keep the site functional and keep us happy and fix annoying time wasting problem that must be very frustrating at times Exclamation Thanks for all that work. Happy Cool

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

ironically my last post is giving you more work to do as I must have clicked on the QUOTE button when I meant to click on EDIT and ended up making a double post ........ really sorry about that. ( And delete this post also if and when you fix the problem unless it's not worth the trouble .......... Blush Sad Cry ).
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So why not click the Delete Button and remove it?

You can delete your posts if it's the last in the topic (which it is not, now).

(Chalk this up to "Teaching a man to fish" rather than giving the fish... haha)

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The delete button doesn't seem to be there for some reason on this Forum. ( If it is I didn't see it, neither did i see the edit button ? ).

EDITED: The EDIT button is now back, I understand about the DELETE button being for only one's last post but the EDIT button was also missing for some reason when I first wore the above.

I would normally have deleted the double post and edited the first post for a typo which was the original reason I was trying to do an edit.

This EDIT relates to Nathan's post below and for the obvious reason of not adding a new and redundant post I made this explanation as an edit and not as a new post.

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Fri 05 Nov, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You can only delete a post if it's the last in a topic. Allowing people to delete other posts would ruin the flow of a conversation and allow other malicious things to happen.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Review enlargements - white boxes?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic