Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > PLEASE READ: Site and forum down time Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: PLEASE READ: Site and forum down time         Reply with quote

Our forum went down for a little while this evening and our site is having a few problems still. The issue is caused by the fact that we've grown to such a point that we're using all allocated disk space and bandwidth. This is a good thing, of course, as I am happy to see growth with myArmoury.com! This just happened after our 1-year anniversary for the forum on August 25th, too. Ironic.

I just sent the order to upgrade to the next level of hosting service. Unfortunately for me, this means an increase in cost to run this site by a factor of 35%. Big money, oh well.

I want a thriving site, so it'd be absurd to complain about such things. After all, let's face it, I didn't set out to make an unpopular site that nobody visited. I set out to build a community and give information and entertainment to as many people as I can possibly reach.

I will say, however, that if you're able, please Enhance Your Membership Account or Subscribe to our Exclusive Offers and Promotions group to help pay the bills.

Sorry for the down time. Should be repaired shortly. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get upgraded to the next level of hosting service and this won't happen again for .. well, awhile.

And thanks to all of you for making this place so alive.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan;

Just a question about alternate ways to send you a contribution to help fund the site.

I know you are set-up to receive payments using Pay Pal and that this is probably the easiest for you to manage but would it be possible to send an Internationnal Money order in U.S. funds instead?( If yes, in whose name or organization should I make out the check?)

My personnal issues are that I try to limit using my credit card info Online as much as possible.( So far only with Arms & Armor with the info split into 3 distinct messages.)

Maybe I am just TOO carefull and I am completely ignorant about how Pay Pal works and how secure it is???

Also I may not be the only "Dinosaur" out here who still likes to deal in cash or it's equivalent and would still like to help.

The bottom line is that I appreciate the site and would like to contribute, at least modestly, to its' upkeep.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Maybe I am just TOO carefull and I am completely ignorant about how Pay Pal works and how secure it is???

Also I may not be the only "Dinosaur" out here who still likes to deal in cash or it's equivalent and would still like to help.

Only PayPal gets your Credit Card data, nobody else. Everybody else only gets your Email-address/address of your PayPal account. PayPal is as secure as you can get with electronic money at the current state of technology.
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As a very frequent poster/member/visitor, junkie....let me encourage EVERYONE out there that hasn't up-graded your membership or donated to this site to do so. Thanks to Nathan and the whole myArmoury crew for working so hard, spending alot of time & money to make this place a home away from home for a bunch of us.

The information, knowledge and fellowship of this site is un-surpassed, so let's keep it growing..... Big Grin

Bill
aka William
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Like Markus says, PayPal deals with all the secure transactions and financial stuff. It allows me to off-load all that work and responsibility, ensuring for a secure transaction. All subscriptions (renewals, email notifications, everything) is automated. As such, the only non-PayPal transaction I'm able to accomdoate are donations that don't require the purchasing of actual services.

Thanks for the kind thought of course! I definitely understand your hesitation to use your credit card. I've had literally thousands of transactions on-line and have yet to have an issue. The only problem I've personally encountered was a vendor that would forget to bill me. Haha..

Cheers.

(And, thanks, Bill)

Update: The hosting account was upgraded last night (only two hours after I sent the request in, and after midnight! Nice..) so it's a done deal.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan;

Thanks, I guess I will seriously consider using the Paypall option. (99.9% sure: If I say 100% then I have given my word to do it! And I never give my word lightly.) ( A little "MEDIEVAL" maybe.........Joke.)

I guess I will just "CLICK" on the convenient little box at the bottom of home page and "Learn!" how this works: Open a Paypall account etc.......

Just my usual reluctance to press on these things without first knowing a bit about it.

Hopes this helps others who may have had the same question but though it was too stupid to ask!

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 28 Aug, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan;

Well upgrade is done: Not painfull at all, just read, fill in the little boxes and CLIC.

Glad to do my small part keeping this great site going.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You guys have really come through. Nearly half the new bill was paid by the generous contributions of the members here at myArmoury.com. Thanks so much!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > PLEASE READ: Site and forum down time
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic