Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury.com after one year Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: myArmoury.com after one year         Reply with quote

Well, we've completed our first year of business and it seems that everything's going pretty well.

How does everyone like the site? Is everyone happy with our direction? Anything else you'd like to see?

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: myArmoury.com after one year............         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Well, we've completed our first year of business and it seems that everything's going pretty well.

How does everyone like the site? Is everyone happy with our direction? Anything else you'd like to see?

The lack of frequent flame wars and super-politically-charged debates is refreshing. It's a cool place.

Good times, good folks, good fun.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Our 1-year anniversary was in March..

The forum, though, went up in August 25th, 2003.

Cheers.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
W. Patrick McGuigan

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've really enjoyed the site. I like how focused and organized it is. I also like the reviews you guys have done. Very helpful.

There is so much one can learn on here.

Keep up the good job!
David Quivey

Reading list: 21 books

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Right - I don't comment or participate much on this forum, but I visit it many times a day. I've got to say, this is the most relaxed, most open forum I've ever encountered. I think you guys have really got something great going here!
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Guys, your site is the best of the best. I have learned so much here, I can't even tell you. The forums are great, and the topics in them are all very interesting. I also feel that I am in leagues with fellow educated adults here. WE ARE the sword community, and I am glad to see it growing. Once again, FANTASTIC job!...............MCM
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to Nathan and Patrick (and the other contributors)!

You have created what others had tried and failed to create -- a fun place to talk about and learn about swords with no hidden agendas. Fair and accurate reviews, open discussions, and a lot of sharing. Can't beat that with a stick, as my Dad used to say.

Our best to all of you and wishes for your continued success!

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What started as a nice resource and an alternative forum for me has become home. The discussion in an open and scholarly manner and the growth of the resources into the best on the net has made me not go anywhere else. Thank you Nathan and the rest of the myArmoury crew for a wonderful site.
Gary
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So far it's been a blast Big Grin

I think you guys have something really great here and I hope to enjoy it for years to come.

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The start is excellent.

The challenge, I believe, will be maintaining the standard that has been set in the future.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really appreciate this site. I check in here almost every day. One suggestion I have is to update the sword comparison feature, but I'm sure you are already aware of that and sick of folks bugging you about it. All in all a top notch place to learn and and a fun place to talk with friends.
Constant and true.
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I absolutly love it, I spend far more time here then I should, several times a day in fact. Ha last school year i spent so much time here i almost completely ignored school work. It was not a happy time when report cards came out though. But hey, i had a blast at the time, and things probably won't change much. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. It is GREAT!
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to Nathan, Patrick and others, who've worked very hard to make this such a great place
to come and share & learn in this hobby we are insanely involved in.....

William
aka Bill
Josh Aldous

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's a great site! I'm also impressed with the way you guys have maintained integrity here. Plus myArmoury is tops on features -- the galleries, reviews, and the comparison tool have been really useful to me. Well done, gentlemen.

Jay Barron wrote:
I really appreciate this site. I check in here almost every day. One suggestion I have is to update the sword comparison feature, but I'm sure you are already aware of that and sick of folks bugging you about it. All in all a top notch place to learn and and a fun place to talk with friends.

Jay brings up a good point. I've been wondering how that's put together and if there's a way we can submit images with dimensions to help you populate it.
Jean Thibodeau

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great site: Lurked on on it for months before joinning, finally could not resist the temptation to asks my own questions.

I look at the site almost every day and sometimes many times during the day.

I have found people very patient and helpfull even when a question is naive or basic.(And I have tried to be equally respectfull when replying to what seems to be a "Newbe" question.)

As well the level of knowledge of participants is very high.

And a special thanks to Nathan and Patrick and all the others keeping this site going. (I'm sure that most don't realise how much work it must be.)

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
The start is excellent.

The challenge, I believe, will be maintaining the standard that has been set in the future.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. For me half the enjoyment of this hobby comes from sharing it with others of like mind. It's not just about collecting "stuff". It's great to hear that everyone's getting something out of it.

Joe brings up a *very* good point though. It is indeed a challenge to maintain the current standard. In fact, it becomes more of a challenge all the time as our collective creativity can run a bit dry now and then.

What we *really* need are more contributors. Please don't wait to be invited. If you wish to submit a review, or better yet a feature length article, please feel free! I know that this place can seem a bit euro-centric, but that's only because the current teams interests point in that direction. I for one would absolutely love to see more diversity, in reviews, articles, and discussion. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience out there on the weapons of the Orient, Arabic countries, Eastern Europe, and etc. We'd like to see more of those topics.

And thanks to all of you. This house would be empty if no one lived in it.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Scott H.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Our 1-year anniversary was in March..

The forum, though, went up in August 25th, 2003.

Cheers.

I knew I liked this place! That's my birthday! Nathan, this is an awesome site. My knowledge, limited as it was, has grown enormously thanks to this place and all of the helpful poster-people. I still have a long way to go in my learning and this is where most of it will occur.

Thanks again, and happy anniversary!

Scott
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd also like to thank Nathan, Patrick, Mac and the rest of you all for the great education you've given me. I've spent the last year reading, observing and having my horrizons broadend greatly. I'd still consider myself a major noob at this, but thanks to you all, I'm a much wiser noob Big Grin . I've had the opportunity to see so many amazing swords that I've really come to appreciate what a thing of beauty a baskethilt can be or what sophistication there was in a viking sword.

The people at this site have shown so much maturity and class. This really has become my primary source for sword-lore. All the best.

Mark

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Jeremy V. Krause

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick, Nathan and Chad (and whoever else is on the team),
The site is great, and helps make a sometimes rough day at work better when I can escape into the office, even for a little while, to spend time with others who share my passion. The maturity and knowledge I have fave found here is refreshing and has helped me move my collecting interest to the next level, and even to look into the highest levels of collecting that are beyond me at this time. In other words myArmoury has given me a sort of roadmap of where to go with my hobby.
Thanks and cheers!
Jeremy
Joe Yurgil

PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This site is great guys! I haven't been here for that long but the quality of discussions is nice, the various albums of photos, and well, everything really. Thank you very much. Joe Happy

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury.com after one year
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: