Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > cold steel colichemarde Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Wed 03 Mar, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: cold steel colichemarde         Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just looking at the Cold steel website I see they have some new swords for 2010, one on which is a rather interesting smallsword with a colichemarde blade. Has anyone bought one? what are your thoughts? Given a few good reviews I think it may be my next purchase.

All the best
Morgan Butler

PostPosted: Thu 13 May, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd like to know as well. Has anyone bought one, or hefted it yet? Is it overly heavy? I know C.S. beefs up all there swords.

Attachment: 15.3 KB
CS88CLMS.jpg

inkothemgard!
Jim S.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just ran across this thread while doing a search of the word ¨colichemarde¨. Even though the thread is a few months old, I decided to post as I have had the Cold Steel Colichemarde sword for a few weeks now. And a couple of members had questions about this sword.

I am very pleased with the quality of construction of this sword, it is quite nice looking and is beautifully finished. Especially for the $249.95 USD that I paid for it. The specifications are spot on to those shown in the Kult of Athena website. The forte is a flattened diamond in profile I believe, and is hollow ground. The foible is diamond shaped in profile. Both the forte and foible have sharp edges. Not sharp enough for real cutting of course, but sharp enough to produce small cuts and nicks and help prevent the sword being commanded by a grab.

The scabbard is a well constructed and finished leather-over-wood affair and the fit of the sword is quite snug when inside the scabbard.
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm interested in getting this colichemarde, but would like a review of its handling characteristics, its fit and finish, and opinions on the value for the price-point. I love the style, but do not want to spend the money on something that is not worth it. I am more proficient in SCA rapier fighting, so if that is how it handles, I would be alright with that.
Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > cold steel colichemarde
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic