Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The Dane: Pictures on Albion's Facebook. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Artman

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: The Dane: Pictures on Albion's Facebook.         Reply with quote

Who all here is getting The Dane? Any thoughts as to what grip color you will get? What are your thoughts of the pictures on Albion's Facebook site?

It is great to see Albion's first 2-Hander getting ready to hit the market. Looks like an interesting piece. I'm looking forward to getting it since it has been preordered for quite some time.

Hopefully the wait for the Maximillian will not be too much longer.
Rusty Thomas

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mine should be on it's way soon! I went with the light brown grip. I think it looks amazing on Albions facebook! Did you see how thick that grip is? should have no problems holding onto this one! I really like the faceted grip too! Have they put up any exact specs on this baby yet? I bet it's a heavy beast but it sounds like it balances close to the hilt. I heard the term "overgrown svante" used at one point! What color grip did you go with?
Chris Artman

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I told Mike I would wait and see since I am further down on the waiting list... Please post pictures as they arrive!

As far as Albion goes: I love the Svante, it is still my favorite Albion sword and my favorite sword overall. The Brescia Spadonia is my second favorite. Not sure where the Dane will fall ...

Anyway, not sure of grip color yet... Looking forward to your pictures.
Ed Toton

PostPosted: Thu 15 Apr, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine. I requested the grip be oxblood. It was a difficult choice, I must say! I have other Albions in black, blue, blue & black, dark brown, and oxblood already. Light brown would have been cool, but I wanted a deeper color for this one.

Edit: They've added the pictures on the website: http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...photos.htm

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm in line for one, though I think there are something like a dozen people in line ahead of me at least. So I'll be waiting a few more months. As for color, I was initially thinking black, as the black and silver combination was very striking on my Gothic Munich. However, now that I see it I'm strongly leaning towards oxblood. That will make hilt color a fairly close match to my Svante, but given how many people are saying the two swords are sisters, I think that might end up being appropriate. And, as I have done so often, I will likely place my faith once more in Christian Fletcher's talents for this lady's scabbard.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Ed Toton

PostPosted: Fri 23 Apr, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mine came pretty quickly (just got here yesterday), though I've been on the waiting list for almost 2 years.

I posted some comments and pictures in the "your last sword" thread here

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The Dane: Pictures on Albion's Facebook.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic