Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arm Up Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Arm Up Sale         Reply with quote

As days drift into weeks with only a single order recieved we're offering 20% off arms and gauntlets. See here http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22 http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24 Please feel free to contact us with any question if any ones interested.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

For a few others who missed out on the last time Allan had a sale on " arms " a few months ago here is another chance to get them at a sales price and gauntlets also.

I have two sets of Allan's gauntlets, a Wisby type and a customized mitten gauntlet with full fingers and both are well made and very effective protecting from blows.

It's Spring, you want to go out and you don't want to be " armless " in a dangerous World. Razz Wink ( Yes bad pun ! )

1) If you run into a bear in the woods you can punch it out with the mitten gauntlets while it's futily trying to chew your vambrace.

2) If you go jogging the arms weight will give you a better work out.

3) Steel SPF 10,000 i.e. better than sunscreen.

So 1001 reasons to buy armour. Wink Big Grin

Oh, I did my bit by ordering a Viking shield, lower leg splints and the archer's knees a short time ago.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Christopher Finneman

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh yeah!
Sent you a email Allan.
Hope to do buisness soon!

Proudly it stands until the worlds end. The victorious banner of love.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That would be great Chris as i'm begining to question the viablity of the arms and armour business in current economic climate.
Christopher Finneman

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pm sent Allan

And everyone looking for great munitions armor from a great armourer seriously take a look at his wears.
Great to do business with.

Proudly it stands until the worlds end. The victorious banner of love.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, I already e-mailed but add the 14 th. century Elbow Cops to my order.

All the different arm armour I currently have + these give me a lot of possibilities in degrees of protection and period I want to portray. Big Grin Cool

Hope this helps morale and budget a bit more.

Quinn W.

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, I've been eying a set of those 14th/15th c arms for the longest time now, but the timing has just always been off financially. Still probably not the best time to be laying down over $200, but hey, sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. Will probably have to sell off a few of my older pieces to do it, but like I said, I've been looking at a very specific pair from you guys for months now.

Sent a message on your main page with a question regarding a slightly custom variant on your arms.

"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth"
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quinn W. wrote:
Oh, I've been eying a set of those 14th/15th c arms for the longest time now, but the timing has just always been off financially. Still probably not the best time to be laying down over $200, but hey, sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. Will probably have to sell off a few of my older pieces to do it, but like I said, I've been looking at a very specific pair from you guys for months now.

Sent a message on your main page with a question regarding a slightly custom variant on your arms.

I really love mine. Wink

Here's a pic of me wearing them at a recent event. ( I posted these before on another Topic thread so I hope it's O.K. to post it here also ? I try to not post the same thing too often ).

Arms, gauntlets, legs are by Mercenary Tailor's: These arms are very convenient and I just pointed them to the Brigantine and the strapping on the upper arm, near the elbow and the strapped full vambrace makes the arm armour very secure over a gambison but still O.K. over a the light shirt I was wearing for comfort as I wasn't going to do any fighting in the armour that night i.e. just a costumed event not a fighting event.

Attachment: 120.01 KB
[ Download ]

Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan's arms are all in the 5 star category. The elbow lames are nicely dished as well as slot articulated making for great range of movement. The spaulders I have from Allan are hand raised/hammered into a nearly complete half sphere and have a combination of leathers and slot rivets on the lower lames - details that you won't find everywhere. The rolled edges are always nicely done. I have a pair of MT mitten gauntlets and they have been my favorites for sparring now for the past two years.

Thanks for the sale, I am in for some more stuff too. Cool tr
Quinn W.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the extra details, Jean and Thom. My paycheck won't like me for it, but I think I'm sold, and it sounds like something that I won't feel the urge to replace any time soon. I was probably going to get them anyway; might as well save while doing it, right?
"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth"
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quinn W. wrote:
Thanks for the extra details, Jean and Thom. My paycheck won't like me for it, but I think I'm sold, and it sounds like something that I won't feel the urge to replace any time soon. I was probably going to get them anyway; might as well save while doing it, right?

It's also a good thing if a good number of people take advantage of these sales since they only make sense if there is a certain minimal increase in volume of sales otherwise why have a sale since Allan would then be selling the same number of items at a lower price, so if people nod and say to themselves " Oh, a sale how nice, I'll make a point of taking advantage of the next sale but not bother to buy now " I think in that case Vendors like Allan won't bother having any sales and might just decide to pack it in because nobody is buying in this economy ...... folks the economy is bad because nobody is buying !

Now I understand that if one is struggling and one's job is at risk then it's not the time to spend on anything but shelter and food but if you want vendors to still be there when the economy picks up it would be a good idea to give them a little business to keep it going.

So if you do want to buy something don't keep it a secret and make the order " official " so that Allan can know that he has X number of orders to fill i.e. don't procrastinate too much as the sale may end in a few days and it is probably good for his morale if the sale is quickly successful. Wink Cool

Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I just ordered two pieces from Allan. A set of the Wisby Type 1 gauntlets as well as a heater shield with a heraldric device to be painted on it. If the heater is anything like my Type II buckler it will be a solid shield. I am also looking forwards to trying the gaunts. With these I will possibly be pushing back the time frame for my kit back roughly 30 to 50 years. Which is coll because I can buy more pieces of plate for it then I could with a kit from 1300.

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Kowalski wrote:
Well I just ordered two pieces from Allan. A set of the Wisby Type 1 gauntlets as well as a heater shield with a heraldric device to be painted on it. If the heater is anything like my Type II buckler it will be a solid shield. I am also looking forwards to trying the gaunts. With these I will possibly be pushing back the time frame for my kit back roughly 30 to 50 years. Which is coll because I can buy more pieces of plate for it then I could with a kit from 1300.

Scott

I have the Wisby gauntlets and they are reptiliantly great looking and very functional, I also like than since they sort of fold flatter than an hourglass gauntlet it is possible to put them behind a belt at the waist when not wearing them.

The heater shield is very solid as I have a semi customized one myself with a steel cross separating it into 4 quarters and in each quarter a steel " Fleur de Lis " these both for aesthetics and to add durability to the surface of the shield from cuts.

I have the Viking shield on order also as I mentioned in an earlier post and I'm looking forward to see what I can do with it adapting some of the 1:33 techniques to the larger shield: I know that bucklers where used differently than the larger shields but since I have a little training using the buckler I'm curious to see what I can still use of these techniques with the larger shield. Being a centre grip type making it closer to a buckler than and enarmed shield.

Oh, I bought the Steel Target shield with centre spike a few years ago and that is certainly robust without being overbuilt.

If the above is a bit off Topic to the " Arms " sale it's because I do want to draw attention to other items that are excellent even if they are not currently on sale. Wink Cool

Michael B.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All my harness so far is Mercenary's Tailor. I love every bit of it. Gauntlet wise, I've mainly used both the wisby, and the full plate. I really want some mitten gauntlets, but it'll be a month or so before I can afford them. The gauntlets are wonderful protection, and I highly recommend getting some finger shield for them as well.
www.facebook.com/bearmountainforge2
Michael Bergstrom
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks very much folks! Chris I sent you a PM. Mike B. some one has pirated you email address, I recieved a perscription drug add from you address over night last night.
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just got my confirm on the arms with integral spaulders and the Wisby Type 3s. Happy
Glad y'all did this again - tried to get the arms last time you did this and had communications issues with cc authorization site. Worked like a charm, this time!

Can't wait to get these in and be that much further along in building my kit.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Victor R. wrote:
Just got my confirm on the arms with integral spaulders and the Wisby Type 3s. Happy
Glad y'all did this again - tried to get the arms last time you did this and had communications issues with cc authorization site. Worked like a charm, this time!

Can't wait to get these in and be that much further along in building my kit.

I'm sure you will enjoy them: They look good and don't restrict mobility to any degree, the only loss of mobility is that you can only bend your arm back 95% of what you can when not wearing the arms i.e. getting your forearm to touch your upper arm is stopped maybe an inch out or so. This has no significance on what you need to do to use your weapons or a shield.

Oh, pronating or supinating the arm is not affected at all by the armour going from wrist to shoulder as the sliding rivets do the job of keeping things together while not restricting motion. Big Grin Cool

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just bumping this one up as the sale may not last many more days and I want to keep it current so that people interested won't miss it this time as some where disappointed last time that they came across this sale after it was over.
Craig Shackleton

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just put in an order for pretty much everything but arms. Wink
Ottawa Swordplay
Nat Lamb

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am in the process of putting in an order for vambraces and basagues, but couldn't find shipping info on the website (specifically to Australia).

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arm Up Sale
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: