Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 20% Off on Arm Harness Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: 20% Off on Arm Harness         Reply with quote

We have a keen interest in paying our bills so to make that happen we're offering 20% off on arm harnes for the next few days. See here http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?c...5m64mu0gl0 Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, we've not had a single taker. As such we'll be ending this tonight 1/21/10 at 6 PM EST.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Wow, we've not had a single taker. As such we'll be ending this tonight 1/21/10 at 6 PM EST.

Allan, that's depressing so I'll bite and go for something. Wink Cool

This one: http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_inf...5m64mu0gl0

Do you take Paypal currently ? E-mail sent.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Note the Paypal thing is a go and the purchase is in play. Big Grin

Allan also asked for some measurements so that he can tweak the fit. Cool

I'm also giving this Topic a little " BUMP " as there is still time to benefit from the sales price at the time of writing this.

Not too expensive and I'm glad to support one of the most reliable vendors out there as I want him to still be around when I need something else in the future. Wink Big Grin

J.T. Aliaga

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:

Argh, I was waiting until friday (payday) Worried
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan got the big box yesterday - thanks! sent you an email on arms.

Jean you'll love those arms and with the way Allan slot rivets them they adjust and articulate nicely in order to fit . tr
Craig Shackleton

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unfortunately for me, Arm harness is the only thing I've ordered from Merc Tailor and already own. I have to admit I was sorely tempted to buy a second pair of arms and take advantage of the sale, but I'm saving up for some different pieces!

I do love my Merc Tailor arm harness!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Allan Senefelder wrote:

Allan, that's depressing so I'll bite and go for something. Wink Cool

This one: http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_inf...5m64mu0gl0

Do you take Paypal currently ? E-mail sent.

I know the sale is over but I just got the arms today exactly one month after I ordered it. Wink One can't say this for many armour makers as wait times are much closer to multiple months if not years for some high end and much in demand makers.

Although, technically off the rack armour Allan asked and got from me my arm measurements to be sure the arms would fit properly and end up with the elbow at the right place and have the strapping and diameter of the pieces suited to my dimensions: So although one can't say it's custom work the " off the peg " arms were tweaked to fit properly and yes they do fit properly. Big Grin

Although I can't speak for Allan about how much he can custom tune his pieces he does seem willing to make adjustments to body size to a reasonable degree. In my case the upper and lower canons had to be made bigger in diameter and the strapping made long enough to be easily buckled.

The spaulders have interesting sliding rivets and the arms don't unduly restrict range of motion, being all in one unit makes attaching to a gorget or pointing on the shoulder as well as " self-armouring " ( Putting one's armour on without help ) much easier than strapping on separate spaulders or espauliers after one has put on the ordinary arms i.e. one needs to be less of a contortionist to reach the shoulder straps or the espauliers straps.
http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_inf...ucts_id=35

One advantage of owning both types of arms is that one can wear just the arms without spaulders for a classic Churburg armour look of 14 Th century armour. ( The famous one with arms elbow cops and rear upper arm, maille armour plus early breast plate and bascinet with aventaille ).

Allan's customer service is now almost legendary in being the best in the business and all of the above is a well earned, by him, "PLUG " from me. Wink Wink Cool

Oh, and they look good also. Big Grin Cool

Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I'm been very interested in this particular set of arms. Could you provide a shot of your new toys integrated into your kit?

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Hrouda wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I'm been very interested in this particular set of arms. Could you provide a shot of your new toys integrated into your kit?

I don't have a digital camera but I'm going to an event in early March where pics will probably be taken and I might get some copies to post ( Oh, my Photoshop program is no longer working with my new computer OS and I need to upgrade it: I used Photoshop to resize pics so that they can be posted here).

I will try to get them sized so that I can post here and I'm certainly going to send any pics to Allan so that he can post them on his site for P.R. purposes: So, he might also post the pics here if I can't.

Not sure exactly what kit I will put together for this event ( a longsword demo at a junior college + free food " Medieval banquet costume event ): Probably will be wearing the Mercenary Taylor arms + MT legs. A Valentine armoury bascinet and a GDFB breast plate ...... maybe the Windlass brigantine over a " The Ringlord " stainless steel maille shirt.

The weaponry will probably be a ColdSteel polypropylene waster since steel or even more sharp steel may be an issue at the college and I don't think I would want a sharp at a party environment where some drinking is very probable with college age students. Blush Laughing Out Loud

O.K., maybe a bit more detail(s) than just responding to your question ..... but that is why I'm over 5000 posts on " myArmoury " ...... I just don't do short replies very well. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud Cool

Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Oh, my Photoshop program is no longer working with my new computer OS and I need to upgrade it: I used Photoshop to resize pics so that they can be posted here.

If it's just about resizing, do you know that there are hundreds and hundreds of applications and tools that can do this? Most of them are free too. PM me if you would like some advice. I think discussing computer software is a bit too off-topic here.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sander Marechal wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Oh, my Photoshop program is no longer working with my new computer OS and I need to upgrade it: I used Photoshop to resize pics so that they can be posted here.

If it's just about resizing, do you know that there are hundreds and hundreds of applications and tools that can do this? Most of them are free too. PM me if you would like some advice. I think discussing computer software is a bit too off-topic here.

Thanks I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it if I don't find a work around for pics for this Topic.

I do want to get Photoshop ( Professional version ) as I sort of feel lost without the capability to do my own graphics: I use it more for original art than just corrections of photographs.

Ideally I should also invest in a drawing tablet also since drawing with a mouse is laborious, challenging, frustrating and slow.

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Wed 24 Feb, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Hrouda wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Oh, again, these arms really look cool and are very functional.

Allen Foster

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh. I didn't see the dates. I thought this was a new sale.... Drat.
"Rise up, O Lord, and may thy enemies be dispersed and those who hate thee be driven from thy face."
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen Foster wrote:
Oh. I didn't see the dates. I thought this was a new sale.... Drat.

Sorry about that but if you really want them they are worth the regular price but certainly the fact that they where on sale helped motivate me to buy as I was sort of thinking about doing it anyway ...... i.e. the sale gave me that extra little nudge. Wink

Oh, because these are in one unit I find that when strapped to a gorget + the straps on the upper arm and vambrace buckles that the weight of the arms is well distributed and there is less shifting of the elements on the arms when not wearing an arming garment: Wearing a gambison ( acketon ) is better because the armour can firmly stay in place due to the padding of the gambison. For more casual wear and to keep coolers for just costume use I wear ( cheat ) armour over lighter clothing or just a " hoody " when the non-historically correct clothing will be hidden by the armour anyway.

If I was using it for real sparring I would prefer using the gambison for blunt trauma protection and a firmer hold of the armour on the body.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is a pic of me wearing armour and the full arms by Mercenary Taylor's as promissed in a previous post on this Topic, I think they look real good.

1) The Helm with Aventaille is from Valentine armoury.
2) The Brigantine is Windlass/MRL
3) Maille shirt is from " The Ring Lord " ( We can only see a bit of the 3/4 length sleeves ).
4) Shoes are from Revival clothing. ( Can't see them in this pic ).
5) Breast Plate is from GDFB.
6) Arms, Legs and Gaultlets are from MERCENART TAILOR'S.
7) Sword is Cold Steel polipropeline waster. ( Couldn't bring a real sword to this event, safety reasons ).

Attachment: 120.01 KB
[ Download ]

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 20% Off on Arm Harness
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic