Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Question about a longsword DVD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dustin Faulkner

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 16 Feb, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Question about a longsword DVD         Reply with quote

Hello:

I recently watched my copy of "The Longsword of Johannes Liechtenauer - Volume 1" by Agilitas.Tv.

http://www.myArmoury.com/books/item.B000AEZTWK.html

It says volume 1. Does anyone know if volume 2 is available? Does a Volume 2 exist? I can't find a 2nd volume anywhere. They do have a medieval wrestling DVD.

Anyway ... this 1st volume is a good DVD. After watching it, I can say I am now the greatest swordsman on the planet! I welcome all challengers big and small. The unsheathing of my sword can be heard for miles around with a thunder clap! Men cower in front of me. Damsels cling to me. I slay dragons! The gods obey my command! Watermelons have been vanquished from the shire!

I am joking.

Seriously though, this is an excellent DVD in my opinion. I know much more about using a sword now than I did before watching it. They cover fundamentals and advanced techniques. The intoduction is very historical too. Personally, I like learning sword grappling techniques and two or three are shown in this DVD. However, I can't help wondering if there is a second volume about the Longsword by Agilitas.Tv with more techniques.

Thank you! Big Grin

DUSTIN FAULKNER
Tim Hall

PostPosted: Tue 16 Feb, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have the DVD as well and I think its a great resource. I have not seen a second DVD yet, but maybe someone else will know whether or not they plan to make one.

If you are interested in the langes Messer you might want to check out their Messer of Johannes Leckuchner DVD. From what I can tell, they took what they learned from the Longsword DVD and applied it to the Messer one and created, in my oppinion, a very good instructional DVD.
David Teague

PostPosted: Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello All,

At this point they have not made a #2 to either of their DVD's.

The medieval wrestling DVD while made and offered by Agilitas.Tv. is not the work of Ochs nor does it tie into the types of wrestling found in the German kunst des fechtens.

There are a slew of good vids on You Tube anymore that shows good swordplay and ringen.

Cheers,

DT

This you shall know, that all things have length and measure.

Free Scholar/ Instructor Selohaar Fechtschule
The Historic Recrudescence Guild

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou's sword art is with me; Thy poleaxe and Thy quarterstaff they comfort me."

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Question about a longsword DVD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic