Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > The Sovereign Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: The Sovereign         Reply with quote

Monday's at my job usually stink but not today. The UPS driver showed up with that very distinct long white box on his cart and my palms became sweaty. The Sovereign arrived safe and sound. This sword is everything I expected and more. The Sovereign is very beefy for it's compact size but balanced wonderfully. The point control alows for accurate thrusts and I can only imagine it's cutting potential. The extremely wide blade gives it a powerful appearance and the bronze pommel along with the curved guard add a great touch of elegance. Oh, and did I mention the double fullers? Well, I have this thing for multiple fullers and these are the sexiest pair I've ever seen Big Grin

The albion folks have done something very special here and I'm thrilled to have it in my posession.

Thank you my friends!

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Scott H.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Sovereign         Reply with quote

Gary-

Congratulations!! Sounds like a winner to me! Enjoy in good health!

Scott
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats! It's a great sword!
"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
J.G. Grubbs

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Gary!

I've never really "warmed" to the single- handers, but that one is one of my favorites of the type. I may need to re-evaluate... Happy

Regards,

"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
Samurai Proverb

James Grubbs
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Sovereign         Reply with quote

Gary Grzybek wrote:
Monday's at my job usually stink but not today. The UPS driver showed up with that very distinct long white box on his cart and my palms became sweaty. The Sovereign arrived safe and sound. This sword is everything I expected and more. The Sovereign is very beefy for it's compact size but balanced wonderfully. The point control alows for accurate thrusts and I can only imagine it's cutting potential. The extremely wide blade gives it a powerful appearance and the bronze pommel along with the curved guard add a great touch of elegance. Oh, and did I mention the double fullers? Well, I have this thing for multiple fullers and these are the sexiest pair I've ever seen Big Grin

The albion folks have done something very special here and I'm thrilled to have it in my posession.

Thank you my friends!

Congrats Gary. I'm certain the finished product turned out to be all that the prototype promised it would be. Happy The Sovereign is a sword I'm actually very attracted to myself. It's a really nasty little piece. I'm sure it will do great in sword & buckler work.
B. Stark
Industry Professional

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can't wait for my steel pommel Sovereign to show up. Already handled a bronzy. It was very nice!!!
"Wyrd bi∂ ful aręd"
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

B. Stark wrote:
I can't wait for my steel pommel Sovereign to show up. Already handled a bronzy. It was very nice!!!

I chose the bronze pommel because I felt it added to the character of the sword. Besides, it's just a nice change from the norm. The bronze has already begun to patina so it's far from being too shiny or brassy looking. I also like the steel version and almost changed my mind once Confused

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > The Sovereign
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic