Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Slingers' Rate of Fire Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kevin S.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Dec, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Slingers' Rate of Fire         Reply with quote

Some person says that the conservative estimate would be 7 rounds per minute, meaning that slingers can fire more than that.

However, I need sources to confirm this. Does anybody have one?

Thank you
Timo Nieminen

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 11 Dec, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingers' Rate of Fire         Reply with quote

Kevin Sanguanlosit wrote:
Some person says that the conservative estimate would be 7 rounds per minute, meaning that slingers can fire more than that.

However, I need sources to confirm this. Does anybody have one?

No sources, but I can confirm it. Can load and shoot in about 4.5 seconds; wouldn't be hard to manage 10 shots per minute, as long as you can stand next to a pile of stones or have a easy-access bag.

I find that I need to watch what I'm doing when loading, so I can't look at potential targets while loading. More careful aiming cuts my rate of shooting to about 6 per minute.

It's easy enough. Assuming you've just shot, you have a sling attached to your fingers (if finger loop) or wrist (if wrist loop, my preference). You grab the "pouch" with you off-hand, already holding the next shot, wrap the pouch around it, grab the free end with your shooting hand, and you're loaded. Actual shooting is very fast.
Yeo Chin Kai

PostPosted: Sat 12 Dec, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This article at Slinging.org mentions a rate of fire of 12 per minute (http://slinging.org/index.php?page=the-sling-...s-harrison)

Although pretty rusty now in the past I practised by firing into a river. With a loaded sling and two stones in my off hand I found I could hit the ripples created by the first stone with my second and third cast. I would think that grabbing stones at your feet or in a pouch would be only slightly slower.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Slingers' Rate of Fire
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic