Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Interest in "hardcover" of Oakeshott's Records? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We've hit 15 people! So, copies will be $115 plus shipping and any PayPal fees. There's still time for others to get in on this; just let me know.
Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
We've hit 15 people! So, copies will be $115 plus shipping and any PayPal fees. There's still time for others to get in on this; just let me know.

So when do we send the payment ? Will you announce it here and/or P.M. or e-mail ?

After the 18th of the month would work better for me but could pay at any time if you need it sooner.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

So when do we send the payment ? Will you announce it here and/or P.M. or e-mail ?

After the 18th of the month would work better for me but could pay at any time if you need it sooner.

I'll post something when it's time. Amazon still doesn't have the book in stock, but they expected them mid-July last time I checked.

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

One more day to get in on this. The "real" hardcover is going for $275+ these days. This is significantly cheaper, of course... Happy
Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 09 Aug, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wanted to quickly update the folks involved in this project.

Boydell (the publisher) apparently underestimated the interest in this title when they did their printing in May. They're all sold out at the moment at all the vendors I've looked at. A Boydell rep told me they plan to print more by mid-to-late September.

I have some copies in-hand and the remaining 11 on order. Assuming Boydell gets them printed on time, I might have the books in my hand in mid-to-late October. Then the binder will need a few weeks to do their thing.

Sorry this is dragging on.

Happy

ChadA

Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Sun 09 Aug, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not a problem at all Chad. Just let us now how it is going.

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 09 Aug, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and I'm sure that we should probably be happy that we are not personally dealing with the headaches and the heartburn. Wink Big Grin ( Shouldn't you charge each of us an extra $5 for the cost of antacids and aspirins ...
Razz Big Grin , obviously joking ! and STILL looking forward to the book when I get it. Cool ).

Justin B.

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Tue 11 Aug, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Assuming Boydell gets them printed on time, I might have the books in my hand in mid-to-late October. Then the binder will need a few weeks to do their thing.

Sweet! That'd be just in time for Christmas! =)
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Update: I placed an order this morning with a British retailer who actually had copies in stock. This is the fourth order I've placed with four different retailers trying to get the copies we need to do this. Their price wasn't as good as some other places, but shipping was free. Hopefully they'll be on their way shortly.

There is currently one copy that isn't spoken for. 15 copies was the magic number for getting a binding discount and we got very close to that. I crossed my fingers and put myself on the hook for two copies to make sure we had enough to get the discount. One of those two is spoken for, but one is still available for anyone still interested.

Happy

ChadA

I Sam

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unless someone beat me to the punch via PM, or snuck in a post before I hit submit - I'll take it!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I don't know when to send how much ($115 was it?) to who (Chad, I assume) or how (did I see "PayPal" in their somewhere?). I"ll read through the thread, but unless the info is in there somewhere, someone let me know how to pay who how much when.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I Sam wrote:
Unless someone beat me to the punch via PM, or snuck in a post before I hit submit - I'll take it!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I don't know when to send how much ($115 was it?) to who (Chad, I assume) or how (did I see "PayPal" in their somewhere?). I"ll read through the thread, but unless the info is in there somewhere, someone let me know how to pay who how much when.

That copy is yours. Happy The price actually was changed to $125. $115 was based on Amazon's price of $37.80 per book. They no longer offer that book direct and no one else has is so cheap, so the price went up unfortunately.

So it's $125 + s/h. If you choose to pay by PayPal instead of money order, there will be an additional 3%. I'll contact everyone when we're closer to work out final payment and shipping.

Thanks!

If anyone else is interested in the next 2 days (by Friday), let me know and I'll see if I can order some extras.

Happy

ChadA

I Sam

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I feel like I've just won an e-bay auction! Thanks, Chad, for both brainstorming and working out this whole endeavor. And taking the chance to front the dough on a couple extra copies.

I'll keep my eyes open for payment details.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 01 Oct, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm happy to report that I have all 16 copies of the paperback in hand (finally). Happy They'll go off to the binder which means we might be able to wrap this up in a few weeks.

In the meantime, it would be great for those who are buying copies to email me their Zipcode/postal code (and country if outside the US) and your preferred shipping speed (Media Mail, Priority, etc.). I'll send invoices via PayPal when the books are ready to ship. If you don't want to use PayPal, please let me know that as well.

My address is:

Happy

ChadA

Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Fri 02 Oct, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is great news Chad. I really look forward to getting a copy of this especially since I just received a copy of The Sword in the Age of Chivalry this week as well. My collection coming along quite nicely if I do say so myself. I have also emailed you the requested information as well.

Scott

Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad,
I just wanted to see what the latest was on this project? I sent an email with my information and have not heard anything. You did get my email didn't you?

Anyhow, I hope everything is going ok with you.

Scott

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Kowalski wrote:
Chad,
I just wanted to see what the latest was on this project? I sent an email with my information and have not heard anything. You did get my email didn't you?

Scott

My most recent info is that the books are at the binders.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Kowalski wrote:
Chad,

Scott

Scott,
Nathan is correct. The books are being bound as we speak and should be finished and ready to ship in the next few weeks. I got your email and flagged it to follow up when the books are ready. Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan,
I know that Chad had said that they were at the binders. My concern came from the fact that I had not heard anything since sending Chad my information leading to some concern on my part. Not about Chad but the run of bad luck that has been encountered with this project. Images of the binder going up in flames had danced across the mind.

Chad,
Thank you for the reply. I look forward to hearing from you so that I can send you the money for this. I am really looking forward to finally getting the book.

Thank you also for fronting the time and money to do this for the community!

Scott

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The books are done at the binder. Happy

I'll pick them up Monday. Expect to see invoices in the following days.

It won't be right away, as I'll have to pack each book, weigh it, measure it, and calculate postage based on your location. And that's in between all the things I have to do for my family and my jobs. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
The books are done at the binder. Happy

I'll pick them up Monday. Expect to see invoices in the following days.

It won't be right away, as I'll have to pack each book, weigh it, measure it, and calculate postage based on your location. And that's in between all the things I have to do for my family and my jobs. Happy

No problem and no great rush at least for me: I assume that when I get your e-mail you will wait for confirmation about the correctness of the shipping information, the actual order ( For those ordering more than one book as the second book will go elsewhere in my case. Wink ), before actually putting the packages in the mail ?.

Will, Paypal the amount and give the final GO ASAP receiving your e-mail.

( Note: This could have been a P.M. but I think the answer could be useful for all who are ordering the book and save you some time not having to send multiple P.M.s or e-mails. Wink )

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Interest in "hardcover" of Oakeshott's Records?
Page 4 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: