Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Virginia area Angus Trim sword party, Sat. July 17 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jul, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Virginia area Angus Trim sword party, Sat. July 17         Reply with quote

Greetings fellow East coasters...

Gus has been in contact with Jason Elrod and I about hosting a sword party to check out and cut with various Angus Trim swords.

I have two in my possession for an upcoming review, and Gus will send others.

But there's a slight problem: We haven't a place to cut anymore. All of our previous cutting locations aren't feasible anymore, unfortunately. Is there anyone local who would be willing to step up to the plate and is able to hold this cutting party? It would be a terrible shame to waste this fantastic opportunity.

PM me or Jason if you're interested. We're still looking around for options ourselves, and the more options we have, the better.

The scheduled date is Saturday, July 17.
Jeff Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There's a Gym in Sterling where the VA MASH sessions used to be. Or maybe you can use one of the places MASHs uses over in MD. It might get you some more participants to boot.
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeff Johnson wrote:
There's a Gym in Sterling where the VA MASH sessions used to be. Or maybe you can use one of the places MASHs uses over in MD. It might get you some more participants to boot.

I new that I forgot something. I'm on my dinner break right now. Maybe Bill will post more later.

Donald Rice has agreed to host this event on his 300+ Acre Farm which is close to Staunton VA. It's going to be July 17th and we'll try to start by 3PM.

Don has also agreed to allow people to come up Friday night and camp out for the weekend. . . which I think that I am going to do. He has a large gazebo, charcoal grill, and fire pit ready and waiting for us. Plus Don said that there are some great places to fish.

Simply PM me or Bill for Directions and contact information.

Jason

By the way, there are some beautiful pics up over at SFI of his property.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Virginia area Angus Trim sword party, Sat. July 17
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic