Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Help finding an amourer... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Help finding an amourer...         Reply with quote

I found this picture on my desktop and can't seem to find the website or armourer that made it! I remember that there were other perspective shots that I would like to collect, but I can't find the website.

Does anyone recognize this and have a link to the armourer's website?

Thank you!

Attachment: 57.27 KB
cunningham11.JPG

Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Google is your friend.

http://www.darkheartarmoury.com/

Specific page with that piece:

http://www.darkheartarmoury.com/cunningham.htm

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks! I had tried Google, but must have been searching with the wrong terms, (not sure what the correct term was, but okay). I knew it had something to do with "dark", but kept thinking dark knight armoury or something like that. Wasn't finding it.

Anyway, Thank you! Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud

Truth before Honor,
God Before all
Bill Tsafa

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

WOW, that is one of the most amazing works of art I have seen in armor. I saved some images myself.
No athlete/youth can fight tenaciously who has never received any blows: he must see his blood flow and hear his teeth crack... then he will be ready for battle.
Roger of Hoveden, 1174-1201
www.poconoshooting.com
www.poconogym.com
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Impressive and interesting: Sort of makes me think of what a Vampire would wear or what a " normal " human would wear to scare the pants off superstitious opponents, peasants i.e. psychological warfare maybe ? But beware of the " Inquisition " wanting to burn you at the stake for it ! Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud
You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I seem to remember that there were helmets that were designed such as this one. Not to the "vampire skull" point, (as far as I know), but grotesque images nonetheless. So perhaps this isn't quite so unrealistic? Perhaps opt out of the vampire fangs, but this would intimidate opponents. At least I would think so!
Truth before Honor,
God Before all
Jean-Carle Hudon

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: they usually die         Reply with quote

I don't know about that... guys who wear those fashions in the movies usually end up dead, and are miserable beings with all sorts of psychological problems while still alive...what was the name of that nasty immortal in the Highlander movie??
Anyway, I figure the opposing side would make an extra effort to neutralize this guy, if only for bragging rights.

Bon coeur et bon bras
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: they usually die         Reply with quote

Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
I don't know about that... guys who wear those fashions in the movies usually end up dead, and are miserable beings with all sorts of psychological problems while still alive...what was the name of that nasty immortal in the Highlander movie??
Anyway, I figure the opposing side would make an extra effort to neutralize this guy, if only for bragging rights.

Good point that being the " flashiest " guy on the field might attract more attention than one would want ?

On the other hand the rich nobles did go for expensive armour and weapons and would be " attractive " targets for ransom in any case. Wink

If one is using the " scary " armour it might be a good thing to actually be able to back it up with a " scary " level of fighting skills.

In any case the helm shown does have a lot of eye appeal and I might even be interested in one like it if the price wasn't too high, and not right now as I'm " trying " to budget and not buy everything that catches my eye. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Now actually being a " Nasty Immortal " would be interesting assuming that the " CURSE " that usually comes with it is " fun ": Who wants to live forever if one has to kill everything one loves as an example with the less savoury Vampire myths. Razz

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Paul Hansen

PostPosted: Sun 06 Sep, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Gilleland wrote:
I seem to remember that there were helmets that were designed such as this one. Not to the "vampire skull" point, (as far as I know), but grotesque images nonetheless. So perhaps this isn't quite so unrealistic? Perhaps opt out of the vampire fangs, but this would intimidate opponents. At least I would think so!

As far as I know, the grotesque helmets of around 1500 were mostly for parade purposes.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Help finding an amourer...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic