Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Dragon*Con 2009 in Atlanta, GA is this weekend... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Dragon*Con 2009 in Atlanta, GA is this weekend...         Reply with quote

Though typically a gaming, science fiction, and fantasy convention; we have always seemed to carve out a little niche for ourselves. Taking the liberty to wear our period best, don our sword leather, and polish the armor; we always have a great time meeting with others of similar interests.

Anyone else in the forum attending this year? If so, contact me and I will give you my number so we might be able to meet and down some mead together at some point over the weekend. Big Grin

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Matthew Amt

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, I wish I could go! I went once, a few years ago, and mostly hung around with the Lord of the Rings folks. Never been to anything like that (well, a couple much smaller cons), and it was mind-boggling. I've been way too focused on straight history for most of my life, and could hardly identify (much less understand!) even a quarter of what I saw there, but it was all fabulous. All kinds of incredible lectures and boards and workshops, too.

Have a great time!!

Matthew
Ed Toton

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've wanted to go for quite some time, but have never managed to make it down there. The close proximity to WMAW's dates also doesn't help.

Some of my R2-droid friends will be there. Here's one of our group photos from earlier this year at another con:

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 06 Sep, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, there is only 24 hours or so left in this Con, and it's proven to be a blast thus far. Historical accuracy aside, Dragon*Con has always been a blast and gives a great chance to educate, mingle, and discuss. I must have talked with 500 people so far about the differences between fantasy/movie armor and weapons versus historical accuracy - all of which seemed to be fascinated.

Not quite as fascinated as they were with the Steam Punk X Men or lifesize transforming robotic Bumblebee, but pretty damn interested all the same. Laughing Out Loud

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Sep, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wish I had seen this thread before I left for it...it was a fun time!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Dragon*Con 2009 in Atlanta, GA is this weekend...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic