Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A August Update Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: A&A August Update         Reply with quote

August News from Arms & Armor

We hope everyone is having a great summer. We are busy with lots of projects and production.

The fair season has already started and The Bristol Fair near Kenosha WI is in full swing. This weekend, August 16th and 17th we will have a special deal on any purchase at the show with a discount of 5, 10 or 15% on all purchases. The discount decided at the time of purchase and will vary on a bit of chance Happy

A special twist is when you learn what your discount will be you can add other items to the purchase.

Starting of August 22nd the Minnesota Renaissance Fair will be open and we invite all who can to come by for a visit and handle some swords. We will be doing demonstrations of forging and western martial arts and hope you can visit.

We have some plans for other special deals at the shows this year so watch this space for announcements.

Have a great summer from Arms & Armor Happy
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Was at Bristol with the wife last weekend on a bit of an escape. Stock at the booth seemed a bit lite overall (hope that means sales were brisk). Interestingly there were quite a few pole weapons that I can't seem to find reference to on the site. Also a new rapier (as in not in the line today) I think. BTW I got to play with some of the trainers and they are nice. Big Grin
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Hi Joe         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Was at Bristol with the wife last weekend on a bit of an escape. Stock at the booth seemed a bit lite overall (hope that means sales were brisk). Interestingly there were quite a few pole weapons that I can't seem to find reference to on the site. Also a new rapier (as in not in the line today) I think. BTW I got to play with some of the trainers and they are nice. Big Grin

Ahh sorry I missed you Joe. I have been trying to stay at the shop and get more work done of late. Not sure if I will be able to get down there at all this year. Hope you had a great day at the fair.

Best
Craig
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ooooo, I'll have to let the guys know there are discounts! Thanks Craig!
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Chris, I'm coming back up to Bristol for Labor Day weekend Saturday. Let's meet up and go get some A & A stuff! Craig, thanks for the discounts!

Cheers,

Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 14 Aug, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Joe         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Ahh sorry I missed you Joe. I have been trying to stay at the shop and get more work done of late. Not sure if I will be able to get down there at all this year. Hope you had a great day at the fair.

Best
Craig

No worries. My son is days away from 18, graduated from high school and working out the final details of enlisting in the military. This trip was really just the wife and I doing a test run of a travelling a bit on our own. Its been a long time since we really got to do much as a couple, which was the point of this trip, and it was nice.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So what were all the pole toys?

I know there were some Burgundian Pole axes but others were either pole hammers or Bec's that I did not recognize?

Are there are of them left?

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Pole arms and discounts         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
So what were all the pole toys?

I know there were some Burgundian Pole axes but others were either pole hammers or Bec's that I did not recognize?

Are there are of them left?

Hi Joe

The long hafted war hammer is a prototype we have been working on. Its been through a few renditions and we are still trying to get one we are satisfied with. The Bec is also a prototype. These are much closer to being ready for production. Should see those soon Happy

We have also decided to continue the discount this weekend, 22nd and 23rd, for any one going out to Bristol Faire this weekend so stop by and save Happy

Keep well
Craig

What the new Bec will look like!
Maurizio D'Angelo

PostPosted: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hello Craig,
is a beautiful work.
It has a similarity with a hammer in the second half of the 16th century. Located in Naples.
Here the picture.

Attachment: 137.31 KB
Senza titolo-1.jpg

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A August Update
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic