Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New scabbard commission Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J Anstey

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: New scabbard commission         Reply with quote

... sorry to tease - nothing to show yet. But I commissioned a scabbard from Brian from DBK Custom Swords a short while back and have recently received and email from him saying he was getting ready and needed some more details from me.

So I am quite excited about this, so please indulge me Happy

I must say, in my various purchase with custom makers, I have never experienced such fantastic customer service! Fast friendly and most important to me was his guidance in the details. I had a couple of ideas of some details, Brain told me what was possible, what would look good, average or poor. He then came up with a solution that I am sure will look fantastic.

I have opted for the sword-less order for my Vigil as I live in Australia and although it is no problem to send and receive swords, sometimes the cost can be quite high. After seeing his work on this forum I have no concerns about the fit or quality of the end product.

I will look forward to showing you all the new rig when it arrives, I recommend those considering a scabbard to book a place as I am sure Brian's waiting list is going to get longer and longer in a short time.

Cheers

Jason
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as you, good sir! Brian contacted me not too long ago saying he was getting close to working on a scabbard for me too! I understand your excitment very well. The recent work he has done has had me drooling! The Vigil is such an awesome sword I'm sure that is gonna be one great kit! Can't wait to see the photos....
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just got myself on Brian's list after seeing his latest Vigil commission so I am not at the step where Brian is asking me what I am looking for, yet. Sad Though at the moment I am only looking at late May for it! Cool The funny thing is that I am going to have him make a rig fro my Vigil sa well. I look forward to what he does with other people's Vigils to get ideas of what I want for mine.

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
J Anstey

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Kowalski wrote:
I just got myself on Brian's list after seeing his latest Vigil commission so I am not at the step where Brian is asking me what I am looking for, yet. Sad Though at the moment I am only looking at late May for it! Cool The funny thing is that I am going to have him make a rig fro my Vigil sa well. I look forward to what he does with other people's Vigils to get ideas of what I want for mine.

Scott

Well done, I think you got in at a good time as I am near positive that it will be well over a year, possibly 2 years in the very near future and with quality and demand, prices must increase.

And yep, I went with a rig as well!

Cheers

Jason
J Anstey

PostPosted: Wed 09 Sep, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: It's finished!         Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just received the pics of my new rig!

THe sword shown in it is not mine - mine has an antiqued weathered finish that closely matched the chape

Whadda ya think?

Cheers

Jason

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New scabbard commission
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic