Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > THE WINNERS: Givin' Away Some StuffContest Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The knife arrived today safe and sound. It is fantastic! It has a pattern on the metal that is very subtle and can't easily be seen in the photos. I just love it! The details on the spine of the knife are very classy. the sheath is perfect, the knife seems to lock into place just right. The grip is really comfortable. I am very pleased to have won this knife. thank you again to everyone who made it possible!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm so glad it finally arrived. I will never use USPS Parcel Post again. I could have walked it to your house faster....

Sorry for the delay (and sorry that sweet little knife is no longer at my house). Happy Glad you like it!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
I'm so glad it finally arrived. I will never use USPS Parcel Post again. I could have walked it to your house faster....

Sorry for the delay (and sorry that sweet little knife is no longer at my house). Happy Glad you like it!

Glad it finally got to Tim's house, I was sort of wondering why he hadn't posted anything yet !

As to USPS, it worked fine for me and this was across the Canadian border with potentially longer delays due to customs clearance: I think delivery times can vary a lot and it's hard to judge the efficiency of a carrier based on a specific shipment !?
The last 3 or 4 packages I received from the U.S. using USPS got here in an average of 7 days.

For shipment inside the U.S. or for shipments in Canada from some place in Canada the private shippers can be better or faster but over the border both Fed Ex and UPS charge a fortune for customs brokerage compared to USPS.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There are different speeds of service with different levels of cost. I figured that since Tim wasn't far from me geographically, I could send it the least expensive way since it didn't have far to go. It was very slow--much slower than they estimated (they estimated 5-9 days; it took 3 weeks).

Shipping to Canada and other countries costs much more, but they go by air instead of surface. Shipping to Jean cost around 5 times as much as shipping to Tim for example. Online, I don't believe they offer much for international shipping besides Priority which goes by air at least part of the way. That's why yours arrived so much sooner.

The Parcel Post level of service is one I likely won't use again. I'll use First Class package, media mail for books, but I'll probably steer clear of parcel post.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I will say that it arrived safe and sound. I think it was more due to Chad's excellent wrapping than any competence on the part of USPS! I'm really excited to have this knife. I keep looking at the apples I have on my kitchen counter and thinking- "you would be no match for my new knife." I'm especially glad to have this knife because I realize it is something that I never would have thought to order on my own, but now that I have it I am considering others like it....funny how one new toy can get me to thinking about my pattern of collecting differently. Anyway, it's areal nice piece and I'm thrilled to have it! Thanks again to everyone involved.
Michele Hansen

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Aug, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Congrats, Jean and Tim!!         Reply with quote

Those hilts are superb! Looks like Leo had a natural bone white theme going. LOL! Either one would be great in my collection--if I could afford something with that level of craftsmanship. Ooooh, so jealous...

Tod's Stuff: Your artisans are a credit to the art. Happy

Il est apelée de Montfort. Il est el Mond, et si est fort. Si ad grant chevalrie; Je vois et je m’ acort. Il eime le droit, et het le tort. Si avera le mestrie!

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > THE WINNERS: Givin' Away Some StuffContest
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: