Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Who sells discontinued Windlass/MRL Weapons? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Terry Crain

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Who sells discontinued Windlass/MRL Weapons?         Reply with quote

Hello all,

I often find that Windlass ends up discontinuing a number of swords, axes, polearms, etc. before I get around to purchasing them. As a side note, it seems to me they discontinue some of their best pieces rather quickly....and keep less appealing ones much longer instead, but that is another issue...

I know that sometimes KOA or Reliks or By the Sword has some remaining stock of various discontinued items, but I specifically recall seeing a link in a post on this site within the last several months to a vender in Europe (Finland or Sweden perhaps??), that somehow seemed to continue to sell a very large line of discontinued Windlass weapons. I have used the search feature here to no avail and its driving me crazy. Google, again no luck.

So I ask my fellow forumites, does anyone know of the vender I am referreing to, or any other seller of older discontinued Windlass weapons for that matter?

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks!

Terry Crain
A/K/A
Donal Grant

Honor, not Honors!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Searching "windlass discontinued" I found this:

http://www.rautaportti.fi/aseet/miekat/German...ksword.htm

This seems to be the firm people are speaking of.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Terry Crain

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Chad.

Obviously I was doing something wrong, since I tried that seach. I knew someone more skilled than I would be able to succeed where I failed.

Much apprieciated!!

Terry

Terry Crain
A/K/A
Donal Grant

Honor, not Honors!
Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Are there any other places that sell discontinued Windlass swords? Preferably in the states. I've done some searches, but haven't found much, but you guys always seem to know of sites that I can never find.
Nathan.
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've always been rather fond of the "Ravenna sword." I know Museum Replicas carried it for awhile. Really a nice piece!
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Gary B. Ledford

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Fireblood Arms in Southern California sells many discontinued older Windlass swords. My father just bought Guingate sword from them, which if you know your MRL swords, is from waaaay back in the day. They have a website, though I don't recall the address at the moment.
Beware the Jabberwock my son,
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
David Wilson

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... and I'm still looking for the older Greek Hoplite sword, and the Horsehead Falcata (the Windlass one, with the accurate "grip-tongue/full-tang" construction).... wonder if they have 'em...?
David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All of this depends on if a vendor bought overstock and was not able to sell it, so there is really not going to be a specific vendor that sells just discontinued sword models. Any vendor could technically have a discontinued model in their inventory. Often times, you can call Windlass direct to see if they have 1 or 2 still in stock (I have had them pull discontinued items off the showroom floor before that were on display.) - if you have an item number that can be referenced. They won't put these in the catalogue or on the website, but trust me, they do have alot of old inventory floating around in Conyers.

I have also had alot of luck just searching out the sword name on the net and seeing what kicks back. I located a new Higgins Museum Armory sword this way a couple months ago and that sword has been discontinued several years now.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Check here

http://www.firebloodarms.com/

They have had some of the less remembered. They price up, going with the supply and demand market.

Cheers

GC
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Christ almighty, those prices are insane...I bought my MRL Arbedo and Towton for $149.00 on closeout. I passed up a Schwert at the annual sale this last year for $79.00. Eek! I guess I understand the concept that the value is what the collector thinks a sword is worth and all, but with the price of a discontinued MRL approaching a used Albion/ATrim, I'd politely have to decline.

First off, the OP should probably post an ad in the marketplace asking if someone has the specific item he wants...I've located items like this in the past and typically at a pretty fair price.

J.E. Sarge
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yet. consider a basic Tony Swatton made cutlass at what might be a decent deal.

Yup, price and demand. Plus they have a showwroom that looks at a par or larger than KOA. I don't think they'll lose much sleep about their pricing, even on current production items.

Cheers

GC
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jun, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Such prices are normal for Windlass swords here in Croatia. Gen2 are more expensive at over 400$ and Del Tins even more expensive at about 500$.
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jun, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

But, on the other hand, you guys have some really great smiths such as Pavel Moc and Lutel that are right in your backyard! Big Grin
J.E. Sarge
www.crusadermonk.com

Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jun, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wish. Happy As they are in European Union and we aren't, the taxes I would have to pay for ordering a sword from EU make it expensive enough that I didn't manage to order anything from them yet. But I hope we'll be in EU in a couple of years and things will change.
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jun, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am just being curious here because I don't know how it works over there, but would it be possible to take a rail / road trip and purchase items and bring them back or would they tax items you returned to your country with as well? Question
J.E. Sarge
www.crusadermonk.com

Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jun, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unless you somehow hide the items, you would still pay the taxes. Happy Maniago, where Del Tin is, is rather close to us, but taxes for importing something as expensive and weapon are high. I don't know if they would believe me if I told them that I had the same sword with me when I was going out of my country. Happy
Li Jin

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That Fireblood sword really sold their stuff way expensive then other stores on line..

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Who sells discontinued Windlass/MRL Weapons?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic