Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Help identifing an helm Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gabriele A. Pini

PostPosted: Fri 29 May, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Help identifing an helm         Reply with quote

We'd had this helm for quite a time in the company, donated by a men who found it in small collection of a deceased person. We obviously don't use it, but I'll be delight to know of what time and place is it.

The mail is butted, not galvanized but brown from wear and time, of approx 1 mm for 8 mm. The entire helm is etched with flowers and images. The nasal is riveted in a fixed position (I think that this is a latter modification, as the patch of black plastic fabric in the lining) with a rivet very similar to the other two.

I'm sorry I didn't know much else...

Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is a late Indo Persian khul khud helmet from the later 19th or 20th centuries. The bowl is spun and the top spike welded in. These were made for use in various " romance plays " plays about various heros and thier deeds performed during festivals and ceremonies. Your's seems to have the original liner in it which is good, i've not seen that in my years of collecting. The nasal is not a lter add on but original and is called a fixed nasal, in order to bring it into place in front of the face, simply spin it down into that postion. The idea is that the pressure caused by the piened rivet that holds it to the helmet will keep it up or down without flopping around, so you shoulde feel tension when moving the nasal to the up or down position.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Help identifing an helm
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic