Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to by fittings for a gladius scabbard? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ed S.

PostPosted: Fri 01 May, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Where to by fittings for a gladius scabbard?         Reply with quote

Hello all. I have finished the wooden core for my Allectus gladius, but now I am in a bit of a bind. I have no idea where to find the fittings to finish off the scabbard. I have searched through this forum, looked at Quiet press, and searched Google,.all with no luck. I am thinking that my best bet may be to just buy another gladius and use the fittings from that, but I am hoping there is a better way. Any help is appreciated.
Nate C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 02 May, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

assuming you're fairly handy with your hands, you could try getting brass sheet/wire and making it yourself. just make sure it's thin (20-22?) gauge sheet so it will work easily. might also check out jewelery places and look at their gallery wire for embellishments. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
David Wilson

PostPosted: Sun 03 May, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't know if you've already seen this page, but there are some hints for gladius scabbard making here:
http://www.larp.com/legioxx/gladius.html

There are also links to suppliers on the Legio XX site, both of completed items and "parts and pieces" to make your own stuff. Anyway, I hope this assists you!

David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Ed S.

PostPosted: Sun 03 May, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to check out those links. I did find that page, but it is a little tricky to navigate and I just didn't spend enough time trying. Who knows, maybe I'll learn how to work bronze, couldn't hurt Happy.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to by fittings for a gladius scabbard?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic