Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to Buy a Horsebow Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nate C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 15 Mar, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Where to Buy a Horsebow         Reply with quote

Hello all,

I recently went shooting with a friend and re-discovered an interest in archery. I am now interested in finding an economical traditional recurve for use in target shooting (no hunting yet). I've looked around on the internet and have decided on either a Gozer or Kassai bow. However, I am pretty new to this so I am open to other suggestions. My current problem is, I am having some difficulty finding US based distributors for either of these makers. I just would prefer not to have to deal with things like wire transfers and such. However if this is a non-issue, I am open to ordering from distributors outside the US.

Thanks in advance,

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
Brian Downing

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a Grozer Hungarian bow that I ordered from Bowshop.EU. It took a couple of weeks to get it, but otherwise the service was very good. The owner is very friendly and always responded to my e-mails promptly. The bow that I received was exactly what I wanted and it is very easy to use from horseback. I was able to pay with a credit card and didn't have to do anything extra. It was just like ordering from a US vendor. I was a little worried about ordering from overseas as well, but this experience was very good. Hope this helps.

Brian
Andrew Pribor

PostPosted: Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Nate,

I have been shooting "horse bows" (and other styles) for many years and own a Kassai Mongolian bow, Grozer Assyrian & a Yumi Mongol bow. Here are a couple stateside importers/dealers. I have shot a Toth bow before also & they shoot well.

http://www.sevenmeadowsarchery.com/genwebpage.ihtml?formid=1

http://www.horsebows.com/

P.S. - I live in the bay area also, PM me if are interested in trying out/shooting some bows.

Cheers,

Andrew

"The Bow brings grief and sorrow to the foeman; armed with Bow may we sudue all regions."
Adam S.

PostPosted: Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Check out Saluki. My friends use them almost exclusively for archery on horseback and take them to Korea when competing there.

Cheers,
~Adam
Dan Dickinson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 15 Mar, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The official US distributor for Kassai is horsebows.com....I believe he has most models in stock and being in the US you should be able to avoid bank transfers etc. However, he sells them for close to the MSRP. Looking for a cheaper option I found bowshop.eu's ebay store and ordered their Vazul model for significantly less (I was able to pay with paypal). I was quoted a wait time of 3 weeks till delivery....but that stretched into 13 and the communication wasn't the best...sometimes with weeks between the time I sent the email and the time it was answered. However, once the bow was ready (apparently Kassai was behind in his orders) the shipping was relatively fast. I love the bow (it's one of the smoothest shooting traditional bows I've had the pleasure to shoot) and feel i got a good deal.
So if you can afford to wait, you can get a great bow at an affordable price (most models look like they're under $200 US compared to horsebows.com's $350+).
Here's a link to his ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/RECURVE-BOW-HORSEBOW-WORLD
Hope this helps,
Dan

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to Buy a Horsebow
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic