Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 2nd edition of "The Medieval sword in the Modern World" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 06 Mar, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: 2nd edition of "The Medieval sword in the Modern World&         Reply with quote

I've just finished the 2nd Edition of "The Medieval Sword in the Modern World," a book about the world of reproduction swords that discusses the types of medieval swords, the characteristics of swords, Viking era swords, Scottish Dirks and swords, medieval daggers and much, much more! Lavishly illustrated with mostly hi-rez photos of the work of many of today's top makers- makers like Vince Evans, Patrick Barta, Albion, A&A, Angus Trim, Christian Fletcher and many more (including my own work, of course!)

The eBook is available via my website. Persons that have previously purchased the eBook can download a copy of the 2nd Edition for free by following the link provided for their original purchase.

I'm very exited to finally have this done- I'll be prepping the print editions over the next couple of weeks.

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Gabriel P. Hagai

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations Tinker.
May this new edition of your book receive the success it deserves.

Pugna pro Causam, Victoria Justis.
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 06 Mar, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you Gabriel! Once the print editions are ready there will be a couple coming your way! Your sword is going out today via USPS, BTW! Would have gone out earlier but i messed up my back and was down for a couple of days...
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will you keep them ( or some ) in stock yourself for shipping or will one order from another source like for the first book ?
You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

CAS/Hanwei plans to stock the B&W softcover and the full-color softcover but the full-color hardcover is expensive enough that they are likely to have that available as 'print-on-demand.' I'll have all three editions available as P-O-D and may occasionally have hardcopies on-hand but it won't be a regular thing.
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You can buy the first edition at Amazon.com, presumably the second as well in the near future?

By the way, they say at Amazon that customers who bought this item tended also to buy the dvd of Battlestar Galactica, Razor.
hmmm Cool
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Roger- as of now you cannot buy the First edition through Amazon- the title has been 'retired.' Amazon may not reflect this for up to three working days however. Amazon now requires that Print on demand products be produced using their own tools so the Lulu.com produced version of the second edition will not be available through Amazon.com. I'm looking into producing an Amazon version but whether or not that is possible will depend on how I wind up with the Lulu versions; I'm doing several versions of print books there as tests which will not be available to the public until I make my final selections of which versions go ahead. After that I will do the same at Amazon and decide which 'work best' in terms of price, market and other features.

Sadly I cannot get around the fact that the full-color versions are going to be rather expensive- probably around $45 in softcover but part of the reason that I am doing so many versions is to try and find the best compromise between quality and price.

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Pearce wrote:

Sadly I cannot get around the fact that the full-color versions are going to be rather expensive- probably around $45 in softcover but part of the reason that I am doing so many versions is to try and find the best compromise between quality and price.

Well, $45 is not cheap but not over the top expensive either for a book one will keep in one's permanent reference collection. Cool

You should let us know here and on your site when you can take orders for the variously priced versions including the $45
dollar one.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Jean- will do! This will take a bit as I have to order copies of the various editions, and with POD this takes a while...
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What makes the two versions different?

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The second edition has more and better quality photographs, a few more makers represented, some new text for some of the expanded old chapters and a new chapter on Viking Swords and Saxes.
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > 2nd edition of "The Medieval sword in the Modern World"
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic