Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Quality of Outfit4Events Swords and Weaponry? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Quality of Outfit4Events Swords and Weaponry?         Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with the various swords and weaponry distributed through Outfit4Events? I did a little research and found that they are a regional distributor for various smithies rather than a manufacturer, but I am wondering about their quality, construction, etc. More than a few things on their site has caught my eye...

I was considering ordering a Thorn Fist war hammer, but wanted to get a feel for them before I committed to making a purchase.

Thanks in advance for your response. Big Grin

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Chris Artman

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

At first I recommended them... they have reasonable prices for their products, however, the shipping can be a bit steep. However, I recently had a HORRIBLE experience with outfit4events. I ordered 3 pole weapons and paid $350.00 shipping. They all arrived damaged from TERRIBLE packing. They literally only wrapped the heads with plastic wrap... It is no surprise tha all of the tips were severly damaged. They made fake promises and kept saying they were contacting the shipper... then they stopped responding to my emails. I have gotten VISA involved and I am expecting my credt card to back me up... They usually do. I will no longer buy anything from them.

(This was 4 months ago since I received the damaged items and they stopped responding for 3 months now. I think my VISA is going to bail me out on the loss).
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeez, the $350 on shipping would be enough for me not to purchase from them, but moreso the fact that your items arrived in less than perfect condition. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Worried

Thanks for the information. I hope Visa takes settles this in your favor.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Outfit4Events also sells through the US retailer By The Sword. You'll pay a markup on the item's price, I'm sure, but shipping may be less. Also, in theory, By The Sword should check items before they come to you, and it would be their duty to deal with the maker if they received damaged items.

Might be worth a try.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Quality of Outfit4Events Swords and Weaponry?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic