Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Gotland Got Destroyed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The response from Albion on this has been amazing... Mike over in Atlanta, Howy and Amy on here, and Renee via email. Wow!

As for the color of the box... I'd definitely stay with white. As you said, it has become a significant part of Albion. Happy

The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Aaron Justice

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is why Albion is such a great company, and this is why I never, NEVER ship with UPS. They manage to break swords AND shields. How? I have no clue!! That damage looks deliberate.
How can there be a perfect sword when PEOPLE come in all shapes and sizes too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Amy, I have no problem with your changing the color of the box. Do whatever works out best for you.
Dave Hahn

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

my theory is that some slighted person who was banned for trolling (i.e. MasterBlader) on other forums is taking their vindictive little revenge out on us honest sword collectors.

Eek!

WTF?!

Try not to take yourself too seriously.
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The UPS debackle continues. I was told they'd pick it up today, and called today to make sure of that... and was now told that since I called "after hours" yesterday that they won't pick up until Monday.

So, it will go out on Monday when UPS gets their truck here.

What can brown do for me? Oh, I'll tell them what they can do...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

... alright, the UPS guy came and picked up the sword. What the heck? I'm told one thing and another happens. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Well, Albion-folk, it's on its way back to you. Unless this was a rogue UPS agent... Wink

Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Amy adn Howy, any thoughts about covering the tip?         Reply with quote

This abuse can happen to any shipment. I haev also recieved shipments from Albion without any problems. However, in my recent shipment from A&A, the box was torn nearly completely open. Luckily the tip was well covered and did not poke through. Amy are you guys still using foam suspenders inside the boxes to hold the sword in place? If so, it's very sturdy and the only thing I would suggest is covering the tip with something ( block of wook, leather with plastic under) so that the tip would not punch through the box? I shipped a sword back to A&A once for some slight refinishing and put a small block of wood, with several consevustive holes drilled in it to hollow it out, to keep the tip from poking thorugh. IT makes you wonder what he animals at UPS are doing with the packages. However, covering the tips may help prevent some unwanted attention or legal injury claims from UPS or it's personel. Just some thoughts. You guys have fun at the Blade Show :-)

Joel
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have to agree with everyone that's posted so far; there's nothing to turn around the worst days than to come home and see that white box. It's funny how something so simple as a white box can have such a profound impact Big Grin !

It's thing like this that really make me feel honored to be a part of the Albion Collector's Guild; to know that no matter what, if there is any problem, you guys are are on top of it. This is perhaps the strongest selling point for your products; not only is someone getting the very best in design and construction that you have, they are also getting the best of all the love and passion that you put into it.

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jun, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tim, sorry about your sword, but luckily youre dealing with a great company. Kudos to Albion for taking care of their customers like that. This is the kind of customer service that pays off in the long run. Things like this is part of why I'll definately be getting an Albion nextgen when I can afford it.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Gotland Got Destroyed
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: