Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Mail to Plate Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Curl

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Mail to Plate         Reply with quote

Hi, I was thinking an essay on the transition from primarily mail to primaryily plate armour would be both enlightening and appropriate. We could discuss the reason why plate did not become popular earlier, and how it improved, and later replaced mail.
E Pluribus Unum
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Are you volunteering to write it? Happy I think an article like that has great potential. Our problem is not with finding concepts though; it's with finding volunteers to write the article and help us source images.

Interestingly, when people suggest topics we've usually thought of that idea before (or something very similar). In fact, we have a list of concepts we'd love to pursue, containing well over 200 ideas and directions that we would love to pursue. We simply lack the manpower to turn them into articles.

Just like with our reviews, we rely on the generosity and availability of volunteer authors.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Mihai Ionita

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What kind of concepts exactly do you have, um, on the drawing-board, so to say, in the medieval era? I would be interested in at least trying to write something for you since it would be a great honour for me. Besides, even if it got dropped, I still have a chance to brag to my web-buddies that I almost wrote something for the myArmoury website. I doubt they'd believe me, but still!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mihai Ionita wrote:
What kind of concepts exactly do you have, um, on the drawing-board, so to say, in the medieval era? I would be interested in at least trying to write something for you since it would be a great honour for me. Besides, even if it got dropped, I still have a chance to brag to my web-buddies that I almost wrote something for the myArmoury website. I doubt they'd believe me, but still!

Mihai,
Thanks for your interest. I'm not going to put the list in here because 1) it's very, very long Happy and 2) I don't want to give some other website a great list of ideas to use for their own purposes.

The easy answer is that we're looking for more entires in any one of our series. The Man of War, Great Battles, and Spotlight series have proven to be especially popular and follow a formula that's friendly to authors and readers alike. So famous historical figures that left behind arms and armour that we haven't already covered are candidates for the Man of War series. And significant battle not covered already would be a candidate for the Great Battles series. As we've been accused of being Anglo-biased (unintentionally), we'd love to include a larger number of subjects that aren't British in the Great Battles and MOW series.

Weapon and armour forms not already covered by a spotlight would be great to have added to that series.

It might be good for an potential author to look through what we have and see where holes in our coverage meet their interests. Then they can go to our Contributor Section and send us a message about what they'd like to write.

I'd love to have you (or anyone else) as an author. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Dan Howard

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jun, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is a little of this in my mail submission. It could be expanded upon for a standalone article. The subject doesn't particularly interest me though, so I'm not volunteering to write it :P

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Mail to Plate
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic