Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Albion's 10th Anniversary Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Albion's 10th Anniversary Sale         Reply with quote

To celebrate the beginning of Albion's 10th year in business, we are having a 20% 0ff sale on NextGen and Museum Line swords for a short period of time.

To thank the many loyal myArmoury members that have helped support us through the years, we are upping the sale percentage to 25% for myArmoury members from now until October 23rd, 2008.

We understand that these are tough times for everyone - hopefully this will help a little.

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Olov Tidemalm

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Does this affect Albion Europe as well?
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Howard, this is great news!

Just wondering if this sale would be retroactive with those who placed orders before the recent Price increase.

In some cases this sale will put specific models at a lower cost than pre-increase.

Would be nice for those of us who did Mega Orders. Happy
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You know you all are pure evil I tell you! I'm just about half way through my payment plan and you go and do this? Now I have to call mike. Mad But really it's nice of you all to have this right before the holidays when most of our expendable income is tapped by other priorities. You've just made the misses christmas shopping a whole lot easier on her pocketbook in regards to my gift. Cal you all on Friday.
Winter is coming
Antonio Lamadrid

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is Arn's Sword included in the discount? Even if it is not Sad , nice gesture Albion Happy !
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Baron just got even better looking. Now to convince my wife it's a sound investment, and do as she does to me and emphasise the money I would be "saving" due to the fact it is on sale, as I will be getting it eventually anyway. Laughing Out Loud
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
Micha Hofmann

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eek! oh wow... that's about to decide my new TV vs new gambeson & helmet vs. new Albion sword - question.

I'll second Olov's question: Does the discount apply to Albion Europe as well? Please let it be so...
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just spoke to Mike:

The discount applies to New Orders only.

I'm a bit miffed as this is kind of an insult to some folks who placed orders back during the "Price Increase" price lock-in a few months ago as the 25% discount does indeed make some models less expensive now.

I understand that Albion has to do what it has to do remain in business, but I can't help but feel that for models that aren't in production yet. that people who did preorder on this are getting the shaft.

Kind of what Apple Apple did on the Ipod.
Darryl Aoki

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul Watson wrote:
The Baron just got even better looking. Now to convince my wife it's a sound investment, and do as she does to me and emphasise the money I would be "saving" due to the fact it is on sale, as I will be getting it eventually anyway. Laughing Out Loud

*chuckle*

Y'know, I may just steal... er, borrow... that justification.
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Site appears to be down or its about the only thing out there that I can't get to load right now.

And then it was back.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Last edited by Joe Fults on Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gavin Kisebach

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a bit miffed as this is kind of an insult to some folks who placed orders back during the "Price Increase" price lock-in a few months ago as the 25% discount does indeed make some models less expensive now.

I felt a little sting as well, if only because I moved heaven and earth to buy a Valkarja before Aug 1. Oh well, good news for anyone who was waiting on the right moment.

There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them. ~ Emile Chartier
R D Moore

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have any of you conesiuers tried this one with any success? " Hey, honey...remember all the stuff you bought on vacation, but I just couldn't find anything? Well, I found something I really like..." Let me know before the 23rd if you will, please.
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gavin Kisebach wrote:
I felt a little sting as well, if only because I moved heaven and earth to buy a Valkarja before Aug 1. Oh well, good news for anyone who was waiting on the right moment.

But the Valkyrjas are gone, so you wouldn't have been able to buy one now anyway. Happy

As for me, the last thing I need to do right now is buy another sword, but that offer is so tempting. It's a pity the Museum Line Valkyrjas aren't on the plate yet. Then again, the Dane is nice. Perhaps I could use another Type XVIII to keep my Munich and Svante company. NO! Bad Sam! Must resist! Worried

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wasn't planning on getting another Albion, but this offer is very tempting. But which one? the Knight? the Oakeshott? the Burgundian, the Steward, the Markgraf? must get mind to work locigally --- Confused
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To hell with resisting. Luckily my better half is very tolerant of these things so no excuse needed here. I was going to put off another order till I received my Munich but 25% off, well I just can't pass that up. I foresee a Soldat in my near future. Kudos to the Albion marketing team for taking even more of my money. Big Grin
Winter is coming
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've requested to cancel all of my outstanding orders with them over this.

I think this is a shoddy way to treat customers who had preordered models that aren't in production yet.

Folks who order early and on good faith with Albion should receive the benefit of the lowest price before the model becomes available.

There were other things they could have done that would not be insulting.
- Offered to extend the pre-increase prices
- Offered a special 10th Anniversary Model at a discount
- Made the 25% discount on all models currently in production
- etc.

As it stands, this is a slap in the face of their long-time supporters who have supported them over the years.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:

Thomas, I mean no disrespect, and perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying so please forgive me if I have but, when you buy a set of new Firestones at the garage and a month later they're on sale you don't get the difference back, or say you did your grocery shopping last week, and now this week your Cheerios and milk are on sale that you already bought last week, they don't give you the difference. I can't think of a format in the consumer buying realm that works that way. Seemingly retailers could never have a sale. Again if I misunderstood what you were trying to say I appologize.
Felix R.

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still the question: Does this Anniversary sale also apply to Albion Europe?
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Quote:

Thomas, I mean no disrespect, and perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying so please forgive me if I have but, when you buy a set of new Firestones at the garage and a month later they're on sale you don't get the difference back, or say you did your grocery shopping last week, and now this week your Cheerios and milk are on sale that you already bought last week, they don't give you the difference. I can't think of a format in the consumer buying realm that works that way. Seemingly retailers could never have a sale. Again if I misunderstood what you were trying to say I appologize.

It's different when you walk out of the shop with them or have something already delivered.

What I'm talking about is Preordering a new set of Firestones for $400 that are due to arrive in 6 months.

Then seeing an add for the same firestones the next week for $300 from the same vendor and them not honoring the new price for you.

In short, you don't have the item, but are paying more for it than someone else.

Retailers as a general rule honor the newer lower price if you contact them during that period. It's simply good customer relations.

And the reason Mike told they wouldn't do this is because he didn't want to go into the records and do the update. It's lazyness on their part.

And BTW, there are a good number of retailers that do honor price changes if the price changes on an item you've purchased and have in your hands within 90 days.
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Felix R. wrote:
Still the question: Does this Anniversary sale also apply to Albion Europe?

Some Folks over at the Schola Gladiatoria forum inquired and it does not look like the sale applies to Europe.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Albion's 10th Anniversary Sale
Page 1 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: